Photo Theft

Just a heads up guys. Came across an instagram account tonight masqurading as a young lady who fishes adelaide hills creeks and streams for trout.

None of her photos are Legit, and a reverse image search revealed at least one of the photos she is claiming as her own is actually one of Meppsta's (I presume)

The account is https://www.instagram.com/ruzzomelissa/ if anyone wants to check it out for any of there own pictures.

Meppstas stolen photo is from this article https://www.tasfish.com/135-rivers/mersey-river/2454-good-spin-session-in-tannin-waters-22-9-2017

If you aren't fussed, thats cool, but this sort of thing really grinds my gears

17 hours ago, Booma said:

Just a heads up guys. Came across an instagram account tonight masqurading as a young lady who fishes adelaide hills creeks and streams for trout.

None of her photos are Legit, and a reverse image search revealed at least one of the photos she is claiming as her own is actually one of Meppsta's (I presume)

The account is https://www.instagram.com/ruzzomelissa/ if anyone wants to check it out for any of there own pictures.

Meppstas stolen photo is from this article https://www.tasfish.com/135-rivers/mersey-river/2454-good-spin-session-in-tannin-waters-22-9-2017

If you aren't fussed, thats cool, but this sort of thing really grinds my gears

Having a perv ey stu

If you do the old drop and drag image in google images it clearly shows the pics have been taken from the world wide web. 

"That" profile was getting around a few trout and redfin pages on facebook asking around for trout spots and the likes.

Youd be surprised how many actually messaged it back and replied to her comments....

All the lads looking for a hookup.... 

Pretty funny really how some people are so naive and fall for it.... it screams fake profile

There's three of mine there, as Banga say's anyone can go on Google images and copy them off Facebook too..  If you go on Google type in brown trout  images etc it will bring up heaps, the same of you type in my name too.. A lot of various site photos are on Google images.. doesn't bother me all that much.. thanks for the update on that too Booma..

cheers

Adrian

13 hours ago, Rod said:

Probably not even a 'she'.  There's plenty of opportunity to create a life for yourself in this world, but this sort of stuff and the people who keep ringing about the accident I wasn't in or sending me spam emails.  I pity their poor pathetic souls LOL

Cheers

Rod

Had a lot of fun with one of them the other day. Couldn't believe my luck that the board decided to give me 200 powerball tickets for only 45 euros. Couldnt convert it to South Australian Murray's though, our republican currency, so I ended up missing out. 

Seeing as this is an instagram topic, I run an instagram page, with my own photos called South Oz Fishing.

If you guys (or girls) have any images you'd allow me to share, I'd happily credit you for them and where they came from.

I'm not one to use people's images without permission either (I actually do automotive photography as a side-gig).

I had someone do the same to me on Breammaster some years back, he used pictures of my bream catches and even used one of mine for his avatar. I messaged him and had some fun asking him where he caught such great fish and the idiot messaged me back telling me all about his catches.

I had some fun and let him dream on about the fish HE catches :lol:

cheers

snapps

On 2/17/2018 at 3:26 AM, DeathCal said:

Seeing as this is an instagram topic, I run an instagram page, with my own photos called South Oz Fishing.

If you guys (or girls) have any images you'd allow me to share, I'd happily credit you for them and where they came from.

I'm not one to use people's images without permission either (I actually do automotive photography as a side-gig).

Feel free to copy any of mine if you want to.. Even those in the photo gallery if you wish to do so..

cheers

Adrian