Kangaroo Island Land Based

30 minutes ago, ScaledUp said:

Cheers Underpants,  I will be there in early April and can go pretty much anywhere but will be in flinders Chase and near Emu Bay

Prime season for the mullet run. Salmon should be back too.

Defiantly be beach fishing Emu for mullet and have a go for a  toothie of a night, depending on tides.

Much of Flinder's Chase is inaccessible for fishing. Sandy Beach (walk in) and West Bay are excellent surf beaches for salmon.

Hanson & Vivonne Bays . D'estrees Bay - Wreckers & Wheaton's beaches, a few of my faves.

I'm unfamiliar with Peneshaw thru to Emu, mainly focused on Sth Coast salmon fishing.

NFI re boating or charters. Would again depend on what you wanted to target: gar, kgw, snaps....nannies, kingies, tuna. Tuna will likely still be around and are not far offshore for the charter operators.

KI looks small but there are a lot of kms between drinks. Focusing on a couple of things is not a bad idea unless general 'exploring'. Also it's not called 'kangaroo' island for nothing. There are plagues of 'roos & wallabies, i couldn't recommend driving of a night!

Hi ScaledUp

For land-based, this guide put together by Shane Mensforth has some options (as well as boat):

https://sealink-cms-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/File/pdf/KI Fishing Locations by Shane Mensforth.pdf

For a great Charter, you can't go past Gavin Solly's operation (based out of Western River):

http://kangarooislandadventures.com.au

Cheers

af

April would have to be my favourite time to go there, so you're on the money for some good fishing! Especially on the South Coast. If there are offshore winds, it would be worth having a suss at some of the main beaches down there, might come across a salmon school for endless exhausting fun. Good luck ScaledUp! Really looking forward to the report :D

P.S. I remember years back, I asked the same questions on this forum.. If it weren't for the help of fellow S&H'ers my trips wouldn't have been as eventful as they were! Great people make a great forum.. :439_fishing_pole_and_fish: