New fishing camera test..

Have just received my new camera for my fishing trips, I have upgraded from the Canon SX150IS camera which was still a great camera, I  upgraded to a Canon SX620HS which is much smaller but has a bit more in reserve,, 20.2 megapixels & 25 times optical zoom and a host of different settings which I'm yet  to tr, at the moment I'm using Auto mode.  Just took a few in the river yesterday and a few at sunrise , bumble bee  on Banksia flower and sunset tonight.

cheers

Adrian

5aa110fea137c_MeanderRiver..5821(Medium).thumb.JPG.405c739eafbbec465373e218dd029205.JPG

Misty start to the spin session with a couple of friends from a Victorian Fishing site.. Have a member from this site heading down this way in April too.. ;)

5aa110e6f0231_MeanderRiver..5838(Medium).thumb.JPG.1f9310faffec18f54518db32608fdf98.JPG

Tim & Jo on their first trip to Tassie..  Both had an enjoyable day in a river..

5aa110e9c224c_MeanderRiver..5839(Medium).thumb.JPG.81680becaedd20da02aa05e7a98f7ecc.JPG

One of the browns I caught & released..

5aa111bc61dd4_6.57amSheffield..5842(Medium).thumb.JPG.30a305c4161006216656b30db0643f0e.JPG

6:57 am this morning..

5aa111bec50b4_BumblebeecommonbeeonBanksia..5845(Medium).thumb.JPG.68a2d633e81e05f0035bb2c7dca7cb02.JPG

Common bee & bumble bee on the Banksia..

5aa111c14232c_BumbleBeeonBanksia..5844(Medium).thumb.JPG.f927ee5e4a1cabef81e982697f7ceae9.JPG

Bumble bee on a Banksia in the backyard..

5aa111c283c0f_SunsetSheffield..5847(Medium).thumb.JPG.7f7975e501d1989f0fac30775c3442b3.JPG

5aa111c434723_SunsetSheffield..5848(Medium).thumb.JPG.89f8ba1d015bfe0198bd46427a9eb557.JPG

Tonights unset at Sheffield..

cheers

Adrian

Gee that's a small camera Adrian.

I thought you might have bought a rugged style camera given the hiking and wading you do.  What swung you this way.  I keep a panasonic TS1 on the boat that I've had for years, that does a pretty good job but getting a little old now, but it can be washed which is good.   I recently went the other way and bought a mirror-less camera (A6000) after I wanted to get a large print but the definition good enough.   Now I have to get those great pics again that took me years to get, sighhhh.    I will still use my sony HX30V which is a great point and shoot and fits in a pocket, just.   Here's a pic for others to see how small Adrian's new camera is

Cheers

Rod

canon.PNG

Rod, it is small (10 cms x 5.5 cms) and it's also powerful too and it fits perfectly inside my waterproof chest waders pocket.. I do have a Canon EOS 700D but that is a large & expensive camera,  one I wont take in a river fishing...

cheers

Adrian

5 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

Do you use water resistant cameras, Adrian? Or are you unlikely to get them wet in the process?

Half considering a camera for the kayak, but it'll get splashed and knocked around.

No I don't go for the  water resistant cameras, actually never really gave that a though either.. I've stuck with the Canon cameras as I've always had a very good untroubled run with them.. You can buy waterproof bags for them which I have for my camera.. I have my camera attached to a lanyard as well.. 

cheers

Adrian

6 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

Do you use water resistant cameras, Adrian? Or are you unlikely to get them wet in the process?

Half considering a camera for the kayak, but it'll get splashed and knocked around.

I've had the panasonic 'tough' camera for about 9 years, it's been in pools, snorkelling on the GBR, bouncing around in the boat (at least when I had a mono LOL),  pics taken with fishy hands etc, just wash under a tap and wipe off the lens and good as new.  It's the orange one they used to advertise with a guy skimming it across a raging river.   Pics are pretty good, video also.  But must be lots of options/brands now, be good for a yak I reckon, no fisheye effect like the action cameras, but they have their uses also.  I keep a fopro in the boat to, but must admit most pics get taken on our S5's which are water resistant also 

Cheers

Rod

On 09/03/2018 at 10:34 AM, AquaticResearch1 said:

G'day

I guess you've probably looked in to it, but the action camera style might suit yak fishing best, with everything close and you get attachments to hold on a stick under water etc.   I've bought a couple of the cheaper ones, an SJ4000 and a kings one, pretty cheap and work pretty good.  Maybe a starting point

Cheers

Rod