A little whinge

Not much of a whinge I lost two of my favourite lures this week . Went into a tackle Shop near my parents place . I've told them before nicely that the old rule that of only lures with orange bellies work . Told them nicely before things have changed clear or see through do the trick now . I know I was one who always said that but I've listened to younger fishers clear or see through are the go . I replaced my totally see through and another one with green . To be told they don't work if the waters dirty or its windy you need the orange belly . Umm today it was 20 or 30 knots dirty water landed a 33 cm .

Sorry I know I'm moaning but hello the new ones work they Even recondmened one that landed me bream !!

I'm good now whinge over 

43 minutes ago, Meppstas said:

Spot on doobie, that's what I always do.. if & when they don't work then try something different..

Plus fish don't always take the same lures year after year . Sometimes tackle Shop staff tell the same thing over and over .

That lure i got the 33 on was purple Green clear with a red throat and uv colours .

I bought it caught an undersize bream weeks later throw it again 33 cm.

Got to say I loved being told you must use the orange belly in strong winds and dirty water . So this lure worked on a dodge tide low dirty water in 20 to 30 knot winds . Now  my middle name isnt lucky lol

There are no right or wrongs in fishing. Everyone has there own tips, tricks, colours for certain situations etc. Working in the Tackle shop you pass on your own experiences and tips and tricks. The customers can take it all in and give it a try or go there own way. 

What might work one for some might not work for others and are the fish feeding at that particular time that you are fishing etc....

That is the great thing about places like this and most tackle shops as they are willing to put you in the right direction and help you out to the best of there knowledge. 

Again what is the point of selling something if you don't trust the product your selling works, but there are so many factors to consider when it comes to fishing it is what defines a good angler to a great angler knowing what to use at what time. That's where trial and error comes into it and putting many hours in researching and reading the waterway. 

Just my 2 cents  

51 minutes ago, southie THE BANGA said:

There are no right or wrongs in fishing. Everyone has there own tips, tricks, colours for certain situations etc. Working in the Tackle shop you pass on your own experiences and tips and tricks. The customers can take it all in and give it a try or go there own way. 

What might work one for some might not work for others and are the fish feeding at that particular time that you are fishing etc....

That is the great thing about places like this and most tackle shops as they are willing to put you in the right direction and help you out to the best of there knowledge. 

Again what is the point of selling something if you don't trust the product your selling works, but there are so many factors to consider when it comes to fishing it is what defines a good angler to a great angler knowing what to use at what time. That's where trial and error comes into it and putting many hours in researching and reading the waterway. 

Just my 2 cents  

Actually my issue was the old myth or what used to work on bream before i swapped to plastics then swapped back in 2018.

The Old that used to work a hard body with an orange belly . Talking to a younger lure flicker I had info passed onto me see through lures now catch bream. That helped me because my older lures with an orange belly struggled to land anything including STs  .

My issues with the tackle Shop was being told that type of hard body was the only type that will catch bream in the Pat . 

Yes they did before I changed to plastics 

Move forward from when that Shop told me that two or three weeks my last bream going 33 cm fell to a hard body basically the colour of a pollywaffle wrapper Green and Red and see through ( you can see the ball bearings) . I showed the picture of the bream with that lure in its mouth I was told oh that works in clear water and no wind . If it's windy or dirty water orange belly out fishes see through lures . I mention this on the day over the long weekend I landed that 33 cm it was 20 to 30 knot wind and low dirty water . My legal before that fell to a see through lure and the wind was 50 knots.

Honestly I've written the truth 

The other info I have used no issue extra Twitches on a totally clear hard body STs were jumping on to it Bream hit that lure with ski boats going by .

Its just being told old info that doesn't work anymore .

I had read info about UV and bought that lure forgot it has UV technology painted on it that worked different Shop .

10 hours ago, Bait Caster said:

Go into enough tackle shops and you will find out that a lot of staff dont really have a clue. Was in one the other day that told me vibes dont work. When I told him there is hardly a species I haven't caught on vibes he pretty much called bull####.

Yeah there's lot of people out there with info like that  . Old days only orange bellied hard bodies worked in the Pat true I change to plastics for a couple of years not true these days . Facebook writers besides the way I took pictures the plastic guys. Only motor oil works hmmm when they stop hitting motor oil what do you use supposedly I was the only one that bream stopped hitting motor oil plastics through on Chartreuse watermelon greasy prawn hello bream hello STs hello Whiting mullet and trumpeter I hear no those colours don't work .

It's out there I prefer not to be a sheep lol

Hi Mickyj. From my perspective there doesn't appear to be as many bream in the Pat these days as in previous years ... unless its just what I am throwing so changing around until you find the lure of choice on any given day is the way to go. As you noted more often than not we scored bream on lures with an orange belly (and they were generally of the bigger size as well) but the system appears not to be as it was so the need to trial different patterns and colours is paramount. The goal now is to catch bream and hope that every now and then we score a larger model ;). Regards, HBt.

1 hour ago, HB tragic said:

Hi Mickyj. From my perspective there doesn't appear to be as many bream in the Pat these days as in previous years ... unless its just what I am throwing so changing around until you find the lure of choice on any given day is the way to go. As you noted more often than not we scored bream on lures with an orange belly (and they were generally of the bigger size as well) but the system appears not to be as it was so the need to trial different patterns and colours is paramount. The goal now is to catch bream and hope that every now and then we score a larger model ;). Regards, HBt.

Hence the purple lure that landed me the 33 cm Bream which was smaller than the Bream that spat the Chartreuse plastic..They are out there smarter than us except the ones that hit the clear lure lol