Tiger snake & a threesome..

Got a bit of a surprise this morning while crawling through some bush to reach the river.. As I came out of the bush at the rivers edge (still on hands & knees)I came across a Tiger Snake sunning it's self. 

I think it got the biggest shock as it darted straight into the river and headed for the opposite river bank. Halfway across it turned around and headed back to where I was now standing in shallow water.

I just stood still and watched it swim past me before it was back in shallow water next the river bank. I reckon the reason it turned around was because the water temperature was so low it new it was in trouble.

Once at the river bank it just laid in the shallows with it's head out of the water while I took a couple of photos before I moved off and started fishing..

Then some three hours later when I was back at the car I came across a threesome in the grass....:D:D

cheers

Adrian

5acb12a36abe0_Tigersnake.(Medium).thumb.JPG.694d51e3cbadad4c5a71d16129f73a68.JPG

The snake back in the shallows..

5acb12b7097c2_IMG_6123(Medium).thumb.JPG.f12d81c39879483fcc79356271ed774b.JPG

The threesome...

Snakes don't bother me all that much now as I've come across quite a lot over my trout fishing years, more so when I used to fish the Finniss River in and around the Yundi area.... even stepped on a few as well from time to time too, had a tiger snake strike me on the hip here in Tassie a few years ago. That was my own fault as I was looking at the next stretch of water and not where I was walking...thankfully I always wear waders when trout fishing.. 

There's always something happening down here Greg..B)

Actually the more I looked at the photo the more I was sure it wasn't a Tiger Snake, I reckon maybe a Lowland Copper Head snake.. still bites too..

Tiger snakes here in Tassie are more often a dark black colour than the mainland Tigers which is why I just thought it was a Tiger..