With this year nearly halfway through, I thought it be time to revisit some fishing goals I had set for this year. I was wondering if any other S&H members had any fishing goals for this year they’ve ticked off or aim to in the next 6-7 months?

Personally I’ve had a good year so far with a lot of new PBs and new species ticked off including first SBTs and samsonfish, PB snapper, kingfish, flathead, callop and cod etc.

C112BBC0-ADF4-4696-9BCD-7AD5DAE36D00.jpeg

DBFF4B40-E820-46E5-B011-64F8EFC41D93.jpeg

D22998E3-8C37-4C42-9A99-3ED0105855A1.jpeg

472AB959-BE72-46BC-8F70-2379940B6875.jpeg

For the rest of the year I have a couple more goals to tick off. Mainly a salmon over 4kg, new PB kingfish (>5kg), new PB bream (>42.5cm) and hopefully come summertime I can get into some yellowfin whiting on poppers. 

Anyone else have a couple of fish to tick off this year?

On 27/05/2018 at 1:11 PM, Kuerschie said:

With this year nearly halfway through, I thought it be time to revisit some fishing goals I had set for this year. I was wondering if any other S&H members had any fishing goals for this year they’ve ticked off or aim to in the next 6-7 months?

Personally I’ve had a good year so far with a lot of new PBs and new species ticked off including first SBTs and samsonfish, PB snapper, kingfish, flathead, callop and cod etc.

C112BBC0-ADF4-4696-9BCD-7AD5DAE36D00.jpeg

DBFF4B40-E820-46E5-B011-64F8EFC41D93.jpeg

D22998E3-8C37-4C42-9A99-3ED0105855A1.jpeg

472AB959-BE72-46BC-8F70-2379940B6875.jpeg

For the rest of the year I have a couple more goals to tick off. Mainly a salmon over 4kg, new PB kingfish (>5kg), new PB bream (>42.5cm) and hopefully come summertime I can get into some yellowfin whiting on poppers. 

Anyone else have a couple of fish to tick off this year?

That's a bumper year in anyone's books. Absolutely killing it. 

I want to try and get a cod over 50cm. I've caught 2 cod in my life, and both have been no longer than 6 inches. Laughable at that size really. Going to be taking the kayak up the river after exams and trolling like a mad man. 

If I can get a surf salmon >3kg that'd be great as well, but  I'm not too fazed about that one as I am unlikely to be heading west or anywhere bar waits really. 

Also want to get an Elephant shark from a low energy beach, but again not too fazed as I'm not really one for surf fishing on my lonesome. 

Well done Kuerschie, that's a bumper year so far.

For me it's more just targets, this year I got my yak XOS snapper and last year a yak SBT but I'm still chasing that kingfish, metre mully and 30kg SBT, must all be yak caught to. I've been held back the last couple of months with a dodgy shoulder, the doctor suggested it might be bursitis and sent me for scans, it'd be great to get it sorted so I can start enjoying my fishing again.

Dave

Always good to set a goal or target each year and you've certainly ticked off quite few so far, great job & well done on what you have achieved..:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

I'm sure you'll tick a few more off before the end of the year as well... Top report & Pic's Kuerschie....

I set my self a target of catching 600 trout for the trout season as well as aiming to win the Angling Club trophy for most trout caught in rivers & streams to make it 12 years in a row.... I was also lucky enough to catch my PB trout I've ever caught in a river as well an 8 lb 8 oz brown trout on 4 lb  mono, one I doubt I'll beat again in my trout fishing days..

Both of which I achieved, I was pretty happy in doing it too seeing it was a such fluctuating trout season.. I've set myself a target of 600 again for the 2018/16 season again which starts on 4th August.. We'll see if No. 13 will be a lucky one for me at the end of April next year..:)

cheers

Adrian

That's some cracking goals kicked Kman! Well done.👏

I didn't set goals as such for 2018, but got addicted to the Flatties during the warmer months and picked up a few PBs on the way ending in this one as a new PB.😊image.thumb.jpg.0629cde8a36a336c80c4fe7a5c5f08f2.jpg

The usual Bream chasing suffered as a consequence, so no upgrades so far...😞

Best of the year to date.

image.thumb.jpg.e71aeffd0a95041c7c68e422f0183555.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.1ac697c4df70e4136842a970270bed3d.jpg

Seriously hoping to upgrade these 3 when I head North later in the year.🙏

image.thumb.jpg.22f184a47ee505202b2b72ecf3ceeef9.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.87a7e4f0babdbcf70fc4fea97ee63280.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.5b5c857cdbab85a0462dc3a896cf6f94.jpg

This is now my goal for 2018.🎣🐟🐟🐟👌😊

I look forward to you ticking them off AR1. You can get salmon over 3kg from Waits/Parsons on ocassion, just keep on the move to find the schools when they’re in full swing. Fishing the Murray for cod will be lots of hours but the reward is worth it!

Learninglures I really hope you tick the double off as a 20lb snapper especially is an epic fish from a boat let alone a kayak.

AussieDave hope you’re on the mend, can’t keep a good man out for long. Good time of year to tick off the mully and kingie if you are prepared to fish the Port and Augusta respectively. 

Meppstas, you’re smashing the trout each season. Massive congrats on the new PB trout from this year, that’s going to be hard to beat.

PP, flathead are such a cool fish. Expect them to turn up again when spring begins. Might have to join you up the north for a morning session once the weather warms up. Expecting those northern species to gain in size on your next trip.