From a poor photo to a quality photo...

dmck asked me the other day if my photos on my last article were straight of the camera and those ones were..

So I thought I would show what can be done with photos that are taken on a camera that has a low picture quality as was my first digital camera that I purchased not long after digital cameras were released in Australia..

Mine was a very cheap little one as that was what I could afford at the time as they were just so expensive just like digital TV's were when they were first released here.. Here's a couple of photos to show what can be done with a little work on them with my Windows photo gallery editor.. I can crop them, sharpen the image, increase or decrease the contrast, two photos were taken back in 2014 and were both taken on a reasonably good Canon Compact Camera but a cheaper one.. The sunrise at Little Musselroe Bay was taken at 4:30 am on my very first digital camera & I have no idea what brand it was, it was very small & cheap but it was handy & what I could afford at the time in 2006 (I think it was) Since then the digital compact cameras have come a long way with much higher megapixels, better lenses, higher opitical zoom ranges and even much easier to use as well. Any way here what can be done to give low quality photos a lift..

Even with my new small Canon compact camera after taking a photo on Auto & if I don't feel the photo looks okay I will edit it.. Manually taken photos I don't have a problem with at all..

cheers

Adrian

5b0a2940d4ee6_PHOT0100(Medium).thumb.jpg.e84a3e6f095056c99bae5b0523176e6c.jpg

Before with the cheap digital camera...  4:40 am Sunrise at Little Musselroe Bay, East Coast, Tasmania..

5b0a297765ddf_PHOT0099(Medium).thumb.JPG.4836740bcbd9ede0e63ea9f14d2d8c80.JPG

And the same photo after editing.

5b0a28aee8a77_BullRushesWeegena(Medium).thumb.jpg.89cfad3ab525ef18bf1003a6ee435f0f.jpg

Early model A580 Canon Photo 

5b0a28b164052_Copy(1)ofBullRushesWeegena(Medium).thumb.jpg.62a36a3c2ea73fb137a646a53fbc07fd.jpg

Cropped, contrast don and colour adjusted..

5b0a28b866a96_PHOT0155(Medium).thumb.JPG.3192f48ab960d7b8bf937e0fdfb1c344.JPG

Before photo..

5b0a28b67a6f6_PHOT0155(2)(Medium).thumb.jpg.cc0d76115dcd9db38324aa31783dc79e.jpg

After photo..

G'day Adrian

I enjoy your pics and like taking some myself.  It's a pity photo gallery has been discontinued, such a great program for sorting and basic editing.  A few months ago I did a clean install and with photo gallery not available I looked around at other options but they all seemed to lack the simplicity of sorting, tagging,  rating, face recognition and basic editing.  I ended up finding a non microsoft source for the program and continue on with it for now.   So easy to find pics.  Isn't digital photography amazing, I remember the dark ages when I was paying 18% mortgage interest and taking pictures was a rare extravagance.   Now I click away willy nilly and the only concern is deleting as many as possible so I don't end up with too many :)

Went to a sony camera training night the other night and the main thing I learned was that now I 'need' a lens that costs more than the camera :blink: 

Cheers

Rod

Don't know why they got rid of photo gallery really as it's quite good to use.. Hopefully if and when I have to upgrade my computer I'll be able to transfer it over..

That may not be too far off either as my computer sounds like a car with transmission problems when I start it up in the mornings.. :o

cheers

Adrian