🎣🎈🎈 Strike & Hook End of Year Catch Up 🎈🎈🎣

Where: West Beach, gathering point to be confirmed at a later date.
When: Sunday 25th of November

Rock up during the day for a fish, you can catch up with other Strike & Hook fishos, take the boat out at the nearby ramp, grab a SH decky if you need one, fish off the beach. Congregate for a BBQ in the early evening for a feed, beverage and chin wag to top off the day.

Let us know if you can attend so we can gauge numbers. If you have any other comments, ideas, suggestions etc please feel free to post in the --> Strike & Hook End of Year Catch Up topic!

Having only fly fished for 2 years now, this season ive managed to land probly 100 trout. Alot more then i anticipated. Rainbows from the north, and browns from the hills.. ive just Put in the leg work. As winter sets in they slow right down. I havent have much action lately so ive slowed down. This afternoon some sun broke through so i set out with not alot of expectations.  But from deepest hole i know. Yet 2m wide a 48cm wild brown took the nymth. On a 3lb tippet. Run deep amongst the gnarly roots. Very lucky to recover it.

From such a shallow stream, I wasnt aware they could grow so large

20171212_154409.jpg

Well done Hunter and very nice trout.

Doesn't it always happen, well, sometimes lol, that you go for a fish with not much expectation and 'bang' you get fish you don't expect.

Thanks for sharing ;)

Nice mate Such cool looking fish! Have seen good fish pulled from quite a few streams around SA well over 50cm... I'm still yet to break the 50cm mark for wild fish. One day when I get more time up my sleeve hopefully!

What sort of Gear you running?

Lovely fish and well done on the PB.. you'd be surprised how large trout will get to in small rivers & streams that's for sure..

cheers

Adrian

882540333_WesternCreek..6042(Medium).thumb.JPG.d2aea8ee273e3fb4a2aead81d8a70d14.JPG

This little creek gave up the trout below back in 2016.. it was released back in the river after a quick photo..

253787922_solid2.65kgbrown(Medium).thumb.JPG.9fdaeedadbd3e7bb5fbc0c72153663bf.JPG

No I'm in now living in Tasmania (since March2000) , this fish was taken on a wild bait hard body.. I only spin fish for trout.. Did try the fly fishing around 45+ yrs ago but went back to the spin fishing the rivers.. Started my trout fishing the rivers in Sth Aust 54 years ago.. South Aust is one of the hardest states to catch trout in and that's what helped make me a better trout fisho..

cheers

Adrian