Having only fly fished for 2 years now, this season ive managed to land probly 100 trout. Alot more then i anticipated. Rainbows from the north, and browns from the hills.. ive just Put in the leg work. As winter sets in they slow right down. I havent have much action lately so ive slowed down. This afternoon some sun broke through so i set out with not alot of expectations.  But from deepest hole i know. Yet 2m wide a 48cm wild brown took the nymth. On a 3lb tippet. Run deep amongst the gnarly roots. Very lucky to recover it.

From such a shallow stream, I wasnt aware they could grow so large

20171212_154409.jpg

No I'm in now living in Tasmania (since March2000) , this fish was taken on a wild bait hard body.. I only spin fish for trout.. Did try the fly fishing around 45+ yrs ago but went back to the spin fishing the rivers.. Started my trout fishing the rivers in Sth Aust 54 years ago.. South Aust is one of the hardest states to catch trout in and that's what helped make me a better trout fisho..

cheers

Adrian