am i getting ripped of? paying 300$ for these 2 rods

Rods or combos as pictured?

Would depend on what the rods & reels actually were and their condition. 

Not really my area of expertise... appears to be a couple of Uglysticks? A TLD50 on one and 'something' on the other?

TLD50 looks to need a bit of ...ah...TLC! Cant tell from the pic if that's brick dust, rust of general grime. Curious that that the seller didn't even bother to wipe them over with a damp cloth? Jammed in the corner of the shed with a pile of other s**t makes me cringe a little too.

lmao i didnt think anyone would see this post, thanks for the advice guys, he was selling them as a combo deal, but i said 200$ just for the TLD rod and reel and he said he would do it, im not sure if its just dust on there but it does make me feel abit weird since it looks like its just been sitting there like one of the posters said.. still seems like a good buy though , i think

I may be mistaken, but that Blue ugly stick Gold, would be one of the last ones made in the US before they went and made them in Asia somewhere.

Tough as nails and would have been worth around 120-180, new 15 years ago.

I bought mine about 15 years ago at Got One Tapleys Hill Road Seaton.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get top quality gear for a lot less & more fruitful, however maybe reduce $100, go with it, I highly recommend to go shopping around the cash converters,hok shops ect, you will always find blanks / rods lots of decent rescues ... 10 rods for $100 some have decent reals, then once you got your pref rods, pair to reliable reels or simply only purchase reels and outsource rods.. Its how u grow a collection and get rods reels for all occasions I made and repaired rods for years at got one and dennys without fancy brands some older makes are superior its what works best for you that matters. But op shopping to custom your range cheaper logical and end of the day you will find ugly sticks for $20 I got a penn overhead for $15 spooled 800 mtrs new 40 pound .. Half-hour later I was enjoying smooth rays on a BBQ.... 

Don't be impulsive be collective. :) tight lines.