🎣🎈🎈 Strike & Hook End of Year Catch Up 🎈🎈🎣

Where: West Beach, gathering point to be confirmed at a later date.
When: Sunday 25th of November

Rock up during the day for a fish, you can catch up with other Strike & Hook fishos, take the boat out at the nearby ramp, grab a SH decky if you need one, fish off the beach. Congregate for a BBQ in the early evening for a feed, beverage and chin wag to top off the day.

Let us know if you can attend so we can gauge numbers. If you have any other comments, ideas, suggestions etc please feel free to post in the --> Strike & Hook End of Year Catch Up topic!

Sign in to follow this  
Meppstas

Liena, before & after..

I was up at Liena a few days ago to check the area out since they built the new bridge there after losing the old wooden bridge back in 2016..

Took a couple of photos to compare it to what is it was before the June 2016 floods.. certainly has changed and not for the better either.. will take many years to come back I feel.. though the small shrubs will come back fairly quick.. I'm really glad I take my camera with me on every trip to a river, good to look back on many areas on this river to what they were and what they are today.. plus I have photos of all the original old wood bridges that were on the Mersey before being washed away,, they're all gone and are all new concrete bridges....

cheers

Adrian

900412213_LookingdownstreamMerseyRiveratLieana-1DownstreamofLienaBridge(Medium).jpg.5e54bae5bea104de9e2c7b9f86390f75.jpg

Before the record floods.. looking downstream..

703897069_LookingdownstreamMerseyRiveratLiena.(4-9-18)(Medium).JPG.b81cd1c8b8cc7af94feb9e9042bfa54d.JPG

And the view today...

1753436042_LookingupstreamMerseyRiverLiena-1(Medium).JPG.f59d6379ac8a75a1db2c950c728262f0.JPG

Looking upstream from the old bridge..

1894632695_LookingupstreamMerseyRiveratLiena.(4-9-18)(Medium).JPG.6187fe6be8309fa6512756e97f1b3727.JPG

And the view from it now,,

420443180_MassivechangehereMerseyRiverLiena.(4-9-18)(Medium).JPG.5aed131aa2e3a023426554651d2feb76.JPG

Went for a walk to take this photo of the new bridge.. I doubt this one with get washed away if we ever have another massive flood..

Unreal how nature changes things , great pics , and to be honest it still looks nice , you live in a great place , but you can keep the cold thanks .

That third pic is just so nice looking ,would love to have a fish there .

Cheers  😉 

Thanks lofty, the stretch of river in the third photo used to fish really well too, I here fished it twice last season and only caught five trout.. it will eventually fish much better. the only good outcome of the flood was that I can now get a lot further downstream (up to 3 kms) to what I could before the flood when it was near impossible to get through the scrub & dense foliage,,,

cheers

Adrian