Decoy Dancing Jacks - assist hooks

Anyone have experience with them? Good, bad or indifferent?

I picked up a set when I couldnt get my normal Atomics and have had mixed results. 

Pros: super sharp and great hook up rate

Cons: the snell came undone on one set on the 1st session, not even 6 YFW down. I also lost a fish to a snapped hook on another set.

Im realistic about it, this may simply have been a dud batch - tackle store and everything I have seen / read seems to support this, but wanted to check if anyone else here had experiences of their own.

TL

Since I bought this $7 set of digital luggage scales - I test all my tackle to see what it can handle so there are less surprises out on the water. Its better to break a product during testing than on a fish

I test braids, leaders, jigheads, snaps, trebles, drag settings etc.

Its very comforting to know exactly how hard you can pull and what your tackle can do.

There will still be some surprises out on the water like crushed hooks - opened snaps and unexplained breakages - but if I know I can dead lift a 2kg fish out of the water but a 3kg fish will max out my jighead - it saves some heartache

151.jpg

152.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is getting a touch frustrating.

Had another session on the flats last week and had two more failures. One snapped clean in half again and the other bent completely out of shape. 

The one that bent out of shape was new on the day and by the 2nd fish was a wreck. You can see in the pic below its been opened and is all twisted out of shape.

20181115_172757.jpg.5a4ac3b9142e183642a30ca0c560983a.jpg

The whiting that did the above were both mid 30s, so good size but not absolute brutes.

A mate of mine had a few spare from the next size up (S) so I have placed a set of these on a few of my surface lures to see if the larger guage helps.

Time will tell.

Edited by Territory Lad
Typo
1 hour ago, Territory Lad said:

This is getting a touch frustrating.

Had another session on the flats last week and had two more failures. One snapped clean in half again and the other bent completely out of shape. 

The one that bent out of shape was new on the day and by the 2nd fish was a wreck. You can see in the pic below its been opened and is all twisted out of shape.

20181115_172757.jpg.5a4ac3b9142e183642a30ca0c560983a.jpg

The whiting that did the above were both mid 30s, so good size but not absolute brutes.

A mate of mine had a few spare from the next size up (S) so I have placed a set of these on a few of my surface lures to see if the larger guage helps.

Time will tell.

I actually upgraded from the "SS" to the "S" last year but this wasn't due to hook failure it was because I was dropping a few fish, I have found the "S" size better

Cheers

Yorky