Sign in to follow this  
Kuerschie

STOLEN KAYAK & TRAILER!!!

Hi guys,

Putting this up for a friend who sadly had his pride and joy stolen last night from North Haven. We were out fishing on the river during the day and barely a couple of hours after he arrived home it was taken. It’s a one of a kind trailer and rooftop tent setup with a yellow Hobie PA14 on it. The front storage hatch has an Australian flag wrap over it. Please can everyone keep an eye out for it across the state and if anyone sees or knows anything, contact police or Dave on 0438190462.

F52E2A95-5F13-49CF-A44C-BB1EA9FA3396.jpeg

Hi Kuerschie,

That's definitely a distinctive set up, I'll keep an eye out.

Did they get his Mirage Drive? Hobies are pretty useless without it, I always store mine separately in the house if I leave the yak on the car. Bink's will also look out for anyone looking to buy just a Mirage Drive, it's unusual to have a Hobie and need a new Mirage Drive without having the old one. If they did it has a serial number which may be helpful.

Dave

5 hours ago, AuusieDave said:

Hi Kuerschie,

That's definitely a distinctive set up, I'll keep an eye out.

Did they get his Mirage Drive? Hobies are pretty useless without it, I always store mine separately in the house if I leave the yak on the car. Bink's will also look out for anyone looking to buy just a Mirage Drive, it's unusual to have a Hobie and need a new Mirage Drive without having the old one. If they did it has a serial number which may be helpful.

Dave

Hi Dave,

No they didn’t get his Mirage Drive as he kept it inside the Ute tray. So they only have the kayak but not the drive nor a paddle either. Also his rooftop tent was strapped shut using twin Kanulocks with steel cables so good luck getting through that without an angle grinder.

On 25/11/2018 at 11:30 AM, Territory Lad said:

I assume thats a sleeping cabin ontop of the trailer? A) awesome idea, but more importantly B) surely significantly more identifiable for those looking. 

Hope your mate gets is rig back in one piece.

Yeah the sleeping cabin is a small rooftop tent and it’s the only trailer setup like that in SA so very distinguishable. Hopefully some information turns up soon. Plenty of people looking for it across social media and businesses, etc.