ABU GARCIA REVO ALX SPINNING REEL

1 minute ago, SurfcaztR said:

I had the MGX which i sold new and never got a chance to use it,realistically what your looking at is very much the same as a stradic 2000 for size and weight.

The reel you are looking at will serve you well for those smaller species but i would go for a stradic if i were buying again. 

Thanks for the info 

On 06/01/2019 at 1:53 PM, Mickyj said:

Has anyone had any experience with these reels.

Cheers 

Mick 

Ok some will know I posted in a couple more places about this reel. 

Seeing it is my birthday I went into tackleworld and checked the Abu Garcia reel again compared it to shimano and diawa. I am no expert in everything what did I learn the Abu Garcia spool was too shallow . Comparing diawa and shimano the assistant didn't like the shimano handle over the diawa handle . I didn't like the look of the bail arm on the shimano purchased the diawa LT exceler 2500.Looks great spooled with 5 lb braid . Handle for a change will be on the left . Now those who don't know me this will be an extra upgrade after my brain injury this difference could be a help be harder once or twice or five minutes :) . I'll put up a crappy picture handle now on .

5D49ACFD-4AF2-458D-B4DA-F688072BE4A4.jpeg

34 minutes ago, lofty64 said:

Go for it matey , and hope you catch lots of fish , or the Big BREAM you have been chasing...…...CHEERS  

Thanks lofty 

I was so excited waiting for them to spool the reel .I'm looking for those big bream hopefully they are back in the local . Seeing I wimped out today on my birthday got up it was raining so I thought Saturday will do :) 

They are awesome reels micky, a mate has one and I can't fault it. Very good choice. 

For a given size, the lt series from daiwa is a bit smaller than the equivalent sizing in an 'equivalent' reel. That is to say, a 3000 daiwa lt may be the same size as a 2500 normal daiwa reel, or something to that effect.

11 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

They are awesome reels micky, a mate has one and I can't fault it. Very good choice. 

For a given size, the lt series from daiwa is a bit smaller than the equivalent sizing in an 'equivalent' reel. That is to say, a 3000 daiwa lt may be the same size as a 2500 normal daiwa reel, or something to that effect.

Nice buy Micky. From what I read of the new LT reels the 2500 is only 2mm bigger than the older model 2000 and 3mm smaller than previous 2500. Enjoy and here's hoping that 40cm specimen is not far away 😉. Regards, HBt.

26 minutes ago, HB tragic said:

Nice buy Micky. From what I read of the new LT reels the 2500 is only 2mm bigger than the older model 2000 and 3mm smaller than previous 2500. Enjoy and here's hoping that 40cm specimen is not far away 😉. Regards, HBt.

If it's not the best reel I've ever bought it should be . I can't change it from left to right handed but it's fantastic .

Mickyj, sit at home in front of the TV, or where ever, spend some time winding with the handle and you will have it down in no time. I find when changing from one side to the other, I do it with BC reels with different techniques, they hardest part is the initial few winds combined with a solid hook set. Stick to it and after a while it will be second nature.

10 minutes ago, Bait Caster said:

Mickyj, sit at home in front of the TV, or where ever, spend some time winding with the handle and you will have it down in no time. I find when changing from one side to the other, I do it with BC reels with different techniques, they hardest part is the initial few winds combined with a solid hook set. Stick to it and after a while it will be second nature.

Cheers baitcaster it was hard mainly I went to use the right hand after casting .I have in two trips used it left and right . Left two fish right five fish .

What I can say using it casts a lot further than a 1000 size reel 😊

thanks for the advice .

1 minute ago, SurfcaztR said:

If you ever watch the tournament pro's they usually have a reel with the larger spool as the line comes of easier and it allows longer casts.This is where the new LT (light & tough) series reels are becoming more popular

I can back that up after using it . Into the wind was still better with the 300 metre spool. But with it very close to making it to the middle of the Pat.

And I can't get over how smaller the LT 2500 is compared to the first 2500 I used All those years ago .

19 hours ago, Mickyj said:

I can back that up after using it . Into the wind was still better with the 300 metre spool. But with it very close to making it to the middle of the Pat.

And I can't get over how smaller the LT 2500 is compared to the first 2500 I used All those years ago .

I was referring to 4000/5000 size depending on brand,you would get more distance.

But it wouldn't be a huge amount more