Keeping sounder wires tidy

25 minutes ago, dmck said:

I ran mine in flexible conduit then used zip ties. You can get the conduit with a split in it so you push the cables in rather than thread them through

+1 for this. A buddy of mine has this in his tinny running along the inside of the gunnal. Keeps the wires well out of the way tidily.

On ‎9‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, Hunter69 said:

What about the cable at the transom and coming over the back. Am i going to need to drill some p clamps to keep the wire in place. ? 

Cheers

I sometimes fish amongst the snags on the Murray and in the mangrove creeks in the salt so I have my transducer cable protected by a short section of aluminium channel that I got from Bunnings. It is secured with 2 stainless steel screws (3mm by memory) with nyloc nuts. You can see the two screws above the water stain line. The self adhesive clip is as others have stated i.e. various types at Jaycar and if you clean the ali prior to sticking them on then they will not come off.  If you need stainless steel screws, washers or nyloc nuts that Bunnings don't stock or you don't require a full packet of them then, go to United Fasteners i.e. if you only need 3 or so they normally will not even charge you. 

1.JPG.bef20dc2ffeb19d69909e9b46caad7e8.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.74e221df417e8cdf21bcd4ea261df8fc.JPG

Steve