• 1 month later...

Hey - Ive got a Samaki that Ive been using with little jigs - its pretty awesome. Ill have to get the model number when Im at the shack on the weekend. Im very partial to very skinny, light weight and deceptively powerful rods....................... this sums up the Samaki!

Loomis use to be excellent - life time warranty, however, I think that has changed now. I was fishing out at Channel Point for barra with a guy that had too much money..................... Im not sure if its because he lost his lure or that I caught the biggest barra - but he snapped the Loomis over his knee. Couldn't believe it - and they replaced it no questions. Again - this was back in the composite days............

I have the same rod - Samaki Vanquish. Great rod. I use 3000 size Daiwa and 4000 size Shimano reels and they balance nicely. I reckon the Stella 8000 will be a tad too heavy. I have an older Saltiga coastal rod I use with Shimano 8000 size reels and its the bomb! Any of the better quality 6' - 6'5" rods rated for jig weights up to 350g - PE 3-4 would be ideal. Go slow pitch - great fun...