Lure is spinning while I'm retrieving

Hey all,

I've recently got into the surface whiting fishing bandwagon but I'm having some trouble with the lure spinning across the surface. My setup is:

Shimano Raider 762 Bream Spinning Rod 7 ft 6
Shimano 2500 real
10Lb braid
8Lb mono leader, roughly 50cm long
Bassday Super Pen 95mm
Atomic assist hooks
Size 10 trebles

The leader is connected with a double uni knot and I'm using a blood knot to attach the lure to the line. I assume the lure isn't meant to be spinning while I retrieve it? Any tips that might make it swim straight?

Gary

it may be the tow eye is slightly cocked to one side if the lure is spinning clockwise try pulling the eye to left ever so gently & with a very minisule adjustment with a small pair of pliers retry lure & the reverse if the lure is spinning anticlockwise. also i would tie a loop knot rather than a blood knot it gives the lure a little more freedom of movement thru the water.

I've had this problem before with a similar lure and now I have started to tie loop knots onto my small lures, gives it a more free action withough gettling forced to follow the line if that makes any sense. Like I said, seems to work for me. If that doesnt work, try a light set up?

Good luck, and let us know what makes a difference.