TO ALOPE OR NOT TO ALOPE, marriage of course

Just reading Weavers comments on ABT post making reference to wedding plans coming before fishing the ABT.Reminds me of a decision I made a few years back.Missus & I hopped on a plane, flew to Vanuatu, got hitched, got hammered, did a twilight cruise & came back told everybody.Mum was not happy.We then celebrated over a Cocktail Party at Waterfall Gully Restaurant with all our friends & family.Your thoughts, hitch at home or Alope.Finatic

It's YOUR life, so you do as you please!Weddings are a pain in the butt, and all about pleasing other people:Mum wants me to wear HER wedding dress.Aunty Sue wants to make a pav.Uncle Eric wont sit near Uncle Bob.The kids want CHOCOLATE icecream.Aunt Mabel would be horrified if we dont let her design the colours.Uncle Fred always gets drunk and starts fights.the two mother in laws are fighting over table seating and menu.Etc, etc, etc!It's YOUR day, so bugger them all! Do it YOUR way, and worry about them later!

I sorta did and didnt! My wife is from Hong Hong, so I travelled there to get married, where her family could be present at the wedding, leaving my family here in Aust. The decision was one or the other!But hey, I've been married before, so my family have already seen it once! This time, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent!

My mum eloped with my step dad... only person who knew was nanna.. they organised it when she come over from the UK... us kids got invited out to dinner we all thought because it was nannas birthday.. only to be told at the table why we were brought there... i said congrats and my sister spat her drink everywhere!when i got married (shouldnt have) i had my mum & step dad my 2 sisters.. who were sworn not to tell dad or my brother.. i had my best mate with his g/f and my husband had his best mate and wife and we had a small thing at mums house my step dad gave me awaywe got married on good friday.. so we did an Easter Bash with a 'catch' we invited all our family and friends and all the kids hid eggs around so it was fun made.. then when everyone was finally there we revealed the catch.. many OMGS and gobsmacked people..lol but it was a fun dayBut all and all its YOUR day.. you do what suits YOU.. if others dont like it... TUFF they will get over it eventually ;)

What's wrong with you heathens? :icon_e_surprised:Marriage is a sacred sacrement! A holy vow between two people! A display of love and trust! To love and honour, through richer and poorer, forsaking all others, till death us do part!A sworn oath to love, protect, honour and cherish! To share your life and most intimate moments with another! To be a rock for someone whenever they may need you! To give yourself wholely and fully to another! To treat them with the respect they deserve and provide them with the needs to fulfill their life and happiness!It's so much more than just a piece of paper! It's your sworn oath and your written promise! Of course ya do have to pay for it, and when the contract expires after a few years, ya don't get a refund! ;) :icon_lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...