Sign in to follow this  
Underpants

Anyone used a FG Wizz?

11 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Similar technique but just leave the reel on the rod with 2kg of drag and tie the braid to the first guide.

Rizzuto finish rather than half hitches,

Cheers K. Will definitely be giving that one a crack. Sick of nearly cutting my fingers with 4lb braid!

One more same thing,what i wanted was a small knot that comes up to the baitcaster and will pass through those smaller rod guides with minimal resistance.The knot will pass through 8/9 guides on every cast and may run 200-400 casts in a day throwing various lures.You can buy the bobbins (ebay) for $33 delivered.

2 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Also Rizzuto finish is far superior to half hitches.

Are you finishing the FG wraps first with some half hitches and then tying he Rissuto to finish it all off?

The finished knot in the vid  looks to have 1/2 doz half hitches in there too....

21 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Similar technique but just leave the reel on the rod with 2kg of drag and tie the braid to the first guide.

Rizzuto finish rather than half hitches,

Pretty well all I do....  but WTF is a 'Rizzuto finish" please...

OK... I looked it up.  I'm not sure its a tight knot because it pulls back towards the FG knot. I prefer a version of the hook snooze.

7 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

The rizzuto finish is my downfall when it comes to the fg. 

In saying that, I'll only use the fg if I'm using heavy gear or casting heavy, long leaders through the guides. Most forms of fishing a well tied Albright will suffice.

I use this fg knot method  

But may use the Rissuto finish from Kelvin's posted video, as I can follow it a bit better it seems. Shall test.