Adelaide fishing

Having issues when going for bream in West lakes not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I have the right gear just the bream won't bite, I've watched countless retrieve videos for catching bream on plastics had no luck. Tried switching to surface lures on mono and still same deal no luck.

Even tried for whiting and you guessed it no luck.

Any people from Adelaide care to meet up and see what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using a 2-4KG rod with 6lb leader and braid with 1/20 jigheads on Zman grubs.

Anyone know of any POV style of plastics as the professional ones don't help what so ever.

I feel defeated I'm very close to giving up as most of my fishing trips end up the same with nothing to show for 😒

Any help would be great cheers

I am Sorry a lot  will not agree , but I have tried the lure thing , and soft plastics , maybe I have no patience , so I stick with bait , live bait or fresh cockles ,worms ,clickers what ever , maybe I am no good at lure fishing , but I cant stand fishing for 3hrs casting lures , and then try again for 6 hours for maybe one fish ,  F@#k that , bait for me . IMHO

I haven't caught many Bream but all I've caught I've caught on plastics.

Gulp Nemesis, Jigging Shrimp, Turtle Back Worms & Sqiddgy Paddle tail Fish but not one on a Z-man Grub yet there are pics all over the Webs of Bream with them in their gobs.

I mix up the retrieve with each style till something works, not too helpful but that's all I got 😁

34 minutes ago, dutchy said:

Plenty of fish around look for the structure

This may be the key - weed, walls, pontoons etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Rybak said:

Beauty. One less fisher to compete with.....😁

All yours Rybak there are plenty of fish waiting for you...

Sit down for 20 mins Daninozz & quietly throw some berley near the pontoons & observe the fish amazing how many fish are in there  

Maybe you are spooking them by flogging the water rather than hunting the fish

Hmm Ive managed to hook a bream on Zman grub 28cm but when I try same thing at West lakes nothing happens bloody weird.

I have caught salmon trout on them as well so I know I can do it just West lakes seems to be a rather touchy place to fish.

You either fish really early then that's it, West lakes makes me get really discouraged for fishing.

Anyone had any luck fishing at thompsons beach been crabbing there but never fished there before.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

WLs isn't easy compared to other systems. Certainly there's plenty of fish in there but what works elsewhere doesn't always work in there. 

I'm no expert fishing WLs but you need to think more about where you're fishing, at what time of the day. There's more to it than that but it takes perseverance. If I had a dollar for every time I scored a donut in WLs... 🙄

Imo the fish in WLs have it pretty easy because they get fed by residents and the system is on most days being replenished by sea twice a day. I've had days there where I've presented virtually every lure I own at them and 90% of the time they won't even take a sideways look. If they do, they might follow briefly then turn their noses at it. 

There's many plastics that work on bream in WLs, I'm not going to make any suggestions because I'm guessing that if you chase bream on plastics you most likely already own the ones that work and it's no secret.

Good luck with it. I might fish it myself Saturday A.M

If you ask 10 fisherpeople about what works best for them with Bream on plastics you'll more than likely get 10 different answers. 

If it was too easy there would be no satisfaction in your eventual success. Read and watch as much info as you can handle, but at the end of the day the only way to learn what works for you in any particular location is to get out there and keep casting.

Good luck and cast with confidence. ;)

Look forward to seeing a post from you of a West Lakes Bream with a SP hanging out of it's gob.🐟

WLs isn't easy compared to other systems. Certainly there's plenty of fish in there but what works elsewhere doesn't always work in there. 
I'm no expert fishing WLs but you need to think more about where you're fishing, at what time of the day. There's more to it than that but it takes perseverance. If I had a dollar for every time I scored a donut in WLs...
Imo the fish in WLs have it pretty easy because they get fed by residents and the system is on most days being replenished by sea twice a day. I've had days there where I've presented virtually every lure I own at them and 90% of the time they won't even take a sideways look. If they do, they might follow briefly then turn their noses at it. 
There's many plastics that work on bream in WLs, I'm not going to make any suggestions because I'm guessing that if you chase bream on plastics you most likely already own the ones that work and it's no secret.
Good luck with it. I might fish it myself Saturday A.M
Yeh your not wrong West lakes just over Fed feels like a waste of time.

If you ask 10 fisherpeople about what works best for them with Bream on plastics you'll more than likely get 10 different answers. 
If it was too easy there would be no satisfaction in your eventual success. Read and watch as much info as you can handle, but at the end of the day the only way to learn what works for you in any particular location is to get out there and keep casting.
Good luck and cast with confidence.
Look forward to seeing a post from you of a West Lakes Bream with a SP hanging out of it's gob.

Yeah definately understand what your saying I must be doing something right I fished at North Haven in my yak landed my first 28cm bream on plastics.

Just like others have suggested they are just over fed by residents.

Below I've attached two pictures of my first bream.d38fa718682204f9c88e083438c4e923.jpg72481b6a8d62d40990d135f1fd9a6806.jpg

22 hours ago, dutchy said:

All yours Rybak there are plenty of fish waiting for you...

Sit down for 20 mins Daninozz & quietly throw some berley near the pontoons & observe the fish amazing how many fish are in there  

Maybe you are spooking them by flogging the water rather than hunting the fish

Certainly will be.... coming up to Big Mulloway time again...some decent numbers of salmon trout already in the river. Lots of mullet around as well. Bream in the creeks have been consistent & will get bigger as the colder weather starts to roll in. Nice pan size Snapper around as well....I'm having a ball with this nice weather around.

If you have a Yak then bream in Westlakes are easy and plentiful. All the pontoons hold bream. If you are struggling with lures then throw on a bit of bait on the jighead and throw it near the pontoon like a lure. Pilchard, worm, prawn and squid all work. If you don't want to use bait then throw on a gulp.

Trolling also produces a lot of bream for me. I use duel hardcore, Bushy's stiffy minnow and SX40 trolling for ST every winter and usually pick up a few bream bycatch.

If you have a Yak then bream in Westlakes are easy and plentiful. All the pontoons hold bream. If you are struggling with lures then throw on a bit of bait on the jighead and throw it near the pontoon like a lure. Pilchard, worm, prawn and squid all work. If you don't want to use bait then throw on a gulp.
Trolling also produces a lot of bream for me. I use duel hardcore, Bushy's stiffy minnow and SX40 trolling for ST every winter and usually pick up a few bream bycatch.
Yeh I know they are there because as soon as I whack on some bait it gets smashed.

I think as well the biggest problem is the lakes are over fed, because of the residents feeding them constantly on a daily basis.

13 hours ago, daninozz said:

Yeah maybe I'm throwing too heavy in the lake I throw between a 1/16 to 1/20.

You may be going too light. My go to is 1/8, it gets the plastic to the bottom quickly then I jerk it up through the water column then let it sink again, wind in the slack & repeat 100 times 😁

I'll use 1/12 or 1/16 on calm days or if i'm in the yak.

13 hours ago, daninozz said:

I think as well the biggest problem is the lakes are over fed, because of the residents feeding them constantly on a daily basis.

I don't think they can feed all of them, could they?

With plastics it's more about a reaction bite than a hungry one most times.

Keep experimenting & you'll find what works.

Congrats on that Bream :1313_thumbsup_tone4: