Reel Servicing

Going by those prices I'm thinking its more economical to buy mid priced quality reels, work them hard, but with care. Obviously avoid water and sand intrusion. Wash them down etc. after use and replace them with new ones when they no longer perform to acceptable levels.

Seems wasteful though....such a throw away society we live in now days.

I guess the cost is wrapped in the service person's pay. The value of those reels listed above would however justify their servicing costs.

SportFishingScene is where I get my servicing done, usually after them getting drowned in a sand monster.

On 13/04/2019 at 10:05 AM, Aff said:

Going by those prices I'm thinking its more economical to buy mid priced quality reels, work them hard, but with care. Obviously avoid water and sand intrusion. Wash them down etc. after use and replace them with new ones when they no longer perform to acceptable levels.

Seems wasteful though....such a throw away society we live in now days.

I guess the cost is wrapped in the service person's pay. The value of those reels listed above would however justify their servicing costs.

This what I do for my basic reels, I buy Sienna's for around $40 and servicing is usually about $30 so I just run them into the ground and replace every year or so.

On a kayak where it's always getting exposed to salt and sand so it's not worth using good expensive gear.

I tend to buy mid priced reels you can get some quality gear for $100-$150

Then I service myself bail rollers seem to be  most of my problems

Might get another fin nor lethal 100 for spares & extra spool😉

Awesome heavy duty reel $128  

The free Rapala reel with 30lb braid from fish mag has exceeded my expectations 

Very smooth drag great feel & has accounted for lots of big fish 7ft bronzy, big gummies snaps etc