Frozen Salted Carp VS DIY Blender

42 minutes ago, dmck said:

What is the big disk that you sharpen?

Its a paint stirrer I got of ebay - not built for the task - but someone suggested they might do the job - so I gave it a crack.

Made the other one out of scrap metal.

(definitely not suggesting anyone give it a crack - theres plenty of safety concerns 😉)

504.jpg

420.jpg

432.jpg

434.jpg

I made one years ago out of steel flat bar.

It was so out of balance you couldnt hold it steady.

I now use an electric mulcher and/or BIG mincer.

If these fail my fishing buddy has a commercial plastics granulator modified to do fish.....  nothing stops that!

Yeah in my mind, it was going to be alot easier than it was - I dont have alot of stuff to mulch so I was hoping this would be a quick fix.

I reckon these drill blenders would go alright with mushy pilchards but the salted carp was too strong

I've got a couple of tweaks to make - part of me thinks a long slender PVC tube would hold the carp bits in place, so they couldnt get flung away by the blades - so I havent given up completely.

Fresh unsalted carp will be the next thing to get the chop - if that fails - I'm out of the burley making game😉

1 hour ago, yellow door 1 said:

Yeah in my mind, it was going to be alot easier than it was - I dont have alot of stuff to mulch so I was hoping this would be a quick fix.

I reckon these drill blenders would go alright with mushy pilchards but the salted carp was too strong

I've got a couple of tweaks to make - part of me thinks a long slender PVC tube would hold the carp bits in place, so they couldnt get flung away by the blades - so I havent given up completely.

Fresh unsalted carp will be the next thing to get the chop - if that fails - I'm out of the burley making game😉

You do know that one day they will find your location and take you away 

1 hour ago, doobie said:

But surely if they were defrosted it would be so much easier.

Yeah I gave them an hour to defrost but they were just getting flung around the bucket - I either need a skinnier bucket or much more burley on top of the blades to stop the carp bits flying around.

Salted carp is pretty tough and my methods were pretty poor.