recipe for preserving salmon

I clean  an scale the salmon then cut it in to cutlets with all bones intact except I cut off the dorsal fin  ,then  place the cutlets into a pressure  cooker then add at least 1 to 11/2 cups of salt water I use sea water when I can, if not add 1 table spoons of salt or make it to your own liking then pressure cook for 1 hour when it finishes cooking allow to cool then strain the salmon an pack into clean preserving jars, top each jar with good quality olive oil  then sterilize in a water bath for 30 minutes seal the lids an allow to cool, it should keep for a year or more, it is delicious on toast, biscuits. toasted pitta bread it is well worth the effort to make all my friend rave about it, hope you go can  to the effort enjoy look forward to your comments

5 hours ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

Is there any way you know of to do it without a pressure cooker?

no I don't think so the pressure cooker uses pressure steam an that is what calcifies the bones believe me a pressure cooker is a good investment they are not that expensive they cut cooking time by at least 50%to 60% I use it to make sardine from tommies as well a lot of people a scared of them but the cookers today is  design to be  virtually full proof just follow their instructions

Great recipe Kelp, these are some of the things that seem to be getting lost, i like the idea of using sea water were possible.

I never got into preserving fish, although i do love a lot of bottled and canned fish. When i was a rock/surf fisherman salmon was probably my main target, however most wouod be returned as i was not one for the taste, now i target salmon quite often but for bait, i dont buy bait if i can help it, and salmon is one of my goto when fishing for gummies. 

I hope we see more recipes like this as i have a pressure cooker and very familiar on the subject of preserving👍