Another adventure chasing trout..

Tinker, i know a younger version of Adrian that uses everything for his trout sessions and does really well.

I've got to agree that just getting out in these places your visiting is well worth it, and to land 6 fish in an hour and forty-five is a good bonus, befote i gave up fishing it was a 50/50 for relaxation and to catch a fish, having found i can kayak fish has been like a new lease of life, but if i can get out on the water it's something else, i wish i had discovered it years ago😉

I try and walk quietly and fish in stealth mode in the waters I fish.

Must admit I am bit stuck in my ways when I do fish trout waters and am usually targeting redfin.

Almost caught a nice trout for the first time recently but a bit of tailwalking and headshaking let the hook fall out.

Carrying some little Mepps spinners next time I go up there.

I think trebles will definitely help more than a single hook jighead but swear by plastics lately coz I can rig them weedless and pepper the structure.

Trebles get snagged too easily so that is why I am curious about any techniques to pin trout on soft plastics.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

Never used a soft plastic in all my years of trout fishing Tinker, haven't felt the need to.. My sponsor is very big with soft plastics too..

I stick to what I know best and what works for me..(95% of the trout caught have been on the Mepps spinners)  going for my 10,000th trout this year since moving to Tassie back in March 2000..

Hope to reach that milestone by mid October if all goes to plan, needed 123 at the start of this trout season ..

To date I've caught & released 26 trout.. only 97 to go..

cheers

Adrian