Anyone have this happen to them

Didn’t have a great time fishing Sunday double clutch snagged by fish number 1 . Got it back with the snag . I couldn’t see that fish but it felt reasonable. Second fish all I could see was a silver flash and it hit well. Then it happened lost the fish nothing unusual until I look at the lure . The lure was tip top after the snag both trebles on . Second fish took the treble and left the Diawa split ring pulled apart . Never happened to me before yes I’ve had trebles with one bit  broken off never had the entire treble gone !

anyone else 

Edited by Mickyj
1 hour ago, Mickyj said:

Didn’t have a great time fishing Sunday double clutch snagged by fish number 1 . Got it back with the snag . I couldn’t see that fish but it felt reasonable. Second fish all I could see was a silver flash and it hit well. Then it happened lost the fish nothing unusual until I look at the lure . The lure was tip top after the snag both trebles on . Second fish took the treble and left the Diawa split ring pulled apart . Never happened to me before yes I’ve had trebles with one bit  broken off never had the entire treble gone !

anyone else 

Yeah I've definitely had that happen Micky, particularly with the smaller Daiwa lures. Mainly happens with either repeated jaring hits or suspected mulloway strikes on the stock terminals. 

Tend to upgrade any lure over 60mm for where I fish now to avoid losing good fish. 

6 minutes ago, AquaticResearch1 said:

Yeah I've definitely had that happen Micky, particularly with the smaller Daiwa lures. Mainly happens with either repeated jaring hits or suspected mulloway strikes on the stock terminals. 

Tend to upgrade any lure over 60mm for where I fish now to avoid losing good fish. 

Cheers not just me I’ve put a new treble on .

both fish hit hard and fast been a few years since I’ve landed a mulloway all I saw with the hook thief was silver streaks first one hit and the drag was screaming until it snagged me that’s fishing 😊