Hey all - I'm off to Point Turton in the near future and was looking for some advice.

I've recently been targeting YFW on lures with a little bit of success but I'm not sure if I will find YFW that far south? Looking at Google maps it looks like there are some good sand flats further west of Turton that might be worth a crack. Otherwise I might change my target species to flathead.

Also, I'm gonna have the family tinnie there and was wondering if it's worth taking the crab nets? Again, I'm not sure if it's too far south.

Any other knowledge of the area greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Gary

Haven't heard of any YFW around that area, but if aitch.t has heard of something, it's always worth a try.

Port Lincoln has been getting some and being directly across from Turton area there's chance :D   Definitely YFW on the Yorkes Eastern side though from Port Vincent up.

Again, haven't heard of any blue crabs reports.  Best I've heard is around Balgowan.  The Eastern side from Stansbury up have been getting good numbers (and raking too).

I was talking to two guys at Berry bay a couple of months ago and I gave them some spots to try for KGW and in return they told me that they caught yellowfin down from the shop in Corny pt. I told them that I wanted to try areas down this way as I live in Marion bay and it's only 40kms from home compared to Stansbury  which is 120kms. I go crabbing to Stansbury but haven't tried for yellowfin and one of the guys gave me a spot to try at Stansbury. I found an interesting page on FB called popping yellowfin whiting WA . An interesting page

I've grown up snorkelling around Pt Turton & have occasionally seen YFW in the shallows, but never in great numbers.  I've never caught one when fishing for whiting or mullet from the shore, though I haven't tried with lures on the flats before.  I've definitely seen plenty of KGW in <1m of water in the sandy areas around weed & reef edges though, and i'm sure they would put up a great fight on light gear.  Good luck!