Fishing reports

Just a quick post about fishing reports from tackle dealers . Not strike and hooks report I like them very general and great information.

l will say firstly  after I told a couple of bait fishers at west lakes who were chasing mulleway. I have landed them years ago on minnow style lures in the Pat . I did mention a few weeks or couple of months ago mulleway broke my trebles off . So I read this weeks fishing report that mulleway are taking minnow lures in west lakes . I’m not certain they are or my big mouth got the talk going lol.

And as a side note a worker at that dealer suggested I not use a mat black double clutch because I’m not fishing at night . And what colour double clutch did the mulleway take the treble off of mat black and last weeks 32 cm bream fell to a black lure . Funny what works lol 

11 minutes ago, Bait Caster said:

Report reliability varies depending on the store you visit. Plus fishing varies daily. Not all fishers report catches to stores they know are staffed by people who will blab to anyone to sell a pack of hooks.

Just seems strange a few days after I talk to bait fishers fishing for mulleway at west lakes the type of lures I’ve caught mulleway on . That a major tackle chain in Adelaide announces mulleway are being caught in west lakes on minnow type lures 

But hey it could be coincidence 

5 hours ago, malb said:

Yep, hard to imagine a store owner putting out a report of "nothing much caught here this week" when their whole business relies on people buying stuff from them to catch fish!  Of course they embellish.

I do like buying products from them . My only issue with them being told black lures work at night and you don’t fish at night . Hello bream take them during the day .

other than telling fishers minnow style lures catch mulleway and their report stated they are working on them 😂

I find reports to be pretty useless anyway. They always say the same thing depending on the season. In winter there's salmon at Waitpinga and any Southern Metro beach, in summer there's bream and mulloway at West Lakes and the Onk, etc. Anyone who spends much time fishing knows these things already, and fish tend to move around.