Yellowfin Whiting Tips

Today I collected around 40 nippers from seacliff and tomorrow I want to put them to use off the beach - but when and where?

I haven't done much fishing over the last decade so want to make these count. Where and when would be the best bet?

I see Tennison has been good, I know that Seacliff is popular for YFW, and I have seen people fishing for YFW off Somerton. Where would you go?

I gather best time probably the first 2 hours after low tide?

I will start by saying that i have never caught a metro YFW but.........................................

have caught a few at Pt Vincent 🎣

I generally catch & use the nippers same day but I guess if you keep em well they'll be ok.

So, low tide to collect then fish the run in tide almost straight away, running ball sinker, # 4 or # 6 long shank hook.

I walk back in with the tide until the bite stops.

I've seen folk @ Seacliff catching at both low & high tide, the tides aren't bad tomorrow so I'd try Seacliff around the low.

Hope this helps & let us know how you go :1314_thumbsup_tone5:😀

Yep, sadly I haven't caught any YF, mainly because I haven't targeted them lol - but hopefully early 2020 that will change.

Any of those beaches would be ok and even Kingston Park area - just south of seacliff.  Northern beaches more so for success.

The incoming for sure and hopefully the yippers are ok - they tend to go soft (well softer) before too long - but they are an ideal bait.

I'd go a size 6 hook with running sinker.  Bottom hook > running sinker > hook > swivel.  6lb fluro carbon leader if you have it.

Good luck.