Fast water trout go for gold..

This video is from a four hour plus spin session in one of the toughest fast water stretches of the Meander River, it gave up quite a few trout of all sizes from small 260 gram trout up to a 720 gram brown,

Several times I was going to call it a day and head to some slower flowing water but then I'd catch another trout or two so I kept pushing on.. Before I left home I had put eight heat patches on my lower back & left hip, three on the right should & one on the left shoulder.  They certainly helped to get me through the time spent in the fast waters of the Meander River.. In the end I had 35 hook ups of which 26 were caught & released.. I had to shorten the video because it went well over the 15 minutes allowed.. Anyway you'll get some idea of the time I spent in the river.. I've had young men fish here with me and they've only lasted an hour in this stretch river because the going was too tough for them, plus they fell in a couple of times which was enough for them to toss in the towel..

cheers

Adrian

7 hours ago, Meppstas said:

Before I left home I had put eight heat patches on my lower back & left hip, three on the right should & one on the left shoulder.  They certainly helped to get me through the time spent in the fast waters of the Meander River.. 

Where's Adrian .. (the wife said) ...under all these heat pads dear .. (says Adrian) :D 

8 hours ago, Meppstas said:

In the end I had 35 hook ups of which 26 were caught & released..

That would have definitely helped catch up on your strike rate.

I've had young men fish here with me and they've only lasted an hour in this stretch river because the going was too tough for them, plus they fell in a couple of times which was enough for them to toss in the towel..

I can see you now ...... :rolleyes: at them  :lol:

it gave up quite a few trout of all sizes from small 260 gram trout up to a 720 gram brown,

A good variety of catches that would have kept you entertained for the whole session.

Great video also Adrian - keep it up and keep using those heat pads :) 

Thanks doobie, those heat patches are the best invention yet.. trouble is sometimes I forget I have them on and after eight hours they leave burn marks on the skin.. I have a lot of 70 mm x 50 mm scars on my body from them.. 😜😜 when I go to have a dose of injections my Doctor just rolls his eyes back and shakes his head and says "looks like you be giving the heat pads plenty of use again"   😀😀

cheers

Adrian