Eezy rigs or fixed sinkers for Snapper?

G"day Fred,I guess in deep water that a paternosta style would be the go, less tangles and it gives you the flexibility of using a heavier sinker.Pretty sure a lot of the Whyalla guys use a running ezy rig with a swivel then their hook trace and change the sinker weight to suit the conditions.And the shallow water a running sinker as light as can be gotten away with to keep things as natural as possible.When I use to fish with my brother a bit for Snaps over YP, it was quite shallow and all we used was no weight, just a swivel.Unweighted pillies drifted back in the burley trail were the ticket there.But another thing we used to do was have all our traces made up, and use snap swivels on our line.That way instead of mucking around trying to remove the hooks from a fish.We would just change the trace over, and remove the old ones from the fish later.Saved time and was efficient.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

Guest xtrafishyfish

I prefer using the paternoster rig...... I like my bait to be up off the bottom and out of the weed etc where the snapper can see the bait easily from a distance {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gifI also fish a lot of local reefy bottom and I get less snags on the paternoster

always where possible running for me also. but heres something else to question whilst fishin for snappes, reel in drag or free spool??????? i much prefer free as i get a rush from the screeming take the pickup of the rod and the strike of a fish at full pace. thats what its all about for me {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif