• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just thought i'd put a thread up of some of the other lures i have painted up at the moment. Originally my main goal was to mainly paint the topwater Lures for YFW and sell them just as an hobby sort

Cheers all. Got some big plans and ideas running through my mind so we'll see how i go... Tried something different tonight.... Every Lure painter seems to sign there baits with there signature,

Well these are at the 2nd last stage of the lure painting process.  Just added my signature on the bottom of the lures and added the 2nd and final clear coat to them.  The last stage is fitt

Posted Images

Painted these jerkbait style minmows up in my mullet pattern. I like this pattern and will be keeping it as an staple part of lures that I'll be selling every nowand then.

Most lures will be sold between 8-12 bucks also dependant on wethe or not people need terminal tackle rigged to them. Atleast the bare minimum they will come with split rings as people like to put there own hooks/trebles on...

20200504_180757.jpg20200504_180732.jpg

I also painted these up for myself some bream crankbaits...

Might get into bream lures a bit more as easy to get ahold of and people bream fish! 

20200504_180830.jpg

20200504_180819.jpg

Well it's Official!

20200504_180732.jpg

Got Rezbaits to put these lures up for sale on his Facebook page and they sold within an hour! Super Stoked to sell my first lot of lures!

With all the practice and trial and error I am getting more confident Everyday with my Lure painting skills and makes me keen on selling a few more. I was hesitant it getting them up for sale but glad i did. All the money goes towards more fishing gear so thats a plus!

Keep an eye out on the For Sale thread you might find some coming up for sale :)

3 minutes ago, Territory Lad said:

Well done mate. Awesome!

Those jerk baits look solid. What length they come in at?

Cheers mate come in around 110mm and weigh 10 grams rigged... 

Depth around 1-1.5m and come rigged with bbk hooks and quality split rings

Perfect as a twitching jerkbait or a slow roll lure as it has a tight wobble to it... 

Certainty will be a snook,flathead, salmon mully killer... 

Sold them for 13 bucks a piece with free postage australia wide.

I think i have 4 of those blanks left which is unfortunate as they dont make them anymore 😂 but will find similar.

Once deliveries go back to normal ill load up on more blanks. Im still waiting for my last 500 dollar order to get to me :(

10 hours ago, southie THE BANGA said:

Cheers mate come in around 110mm and weigh 10 grams rigged... 

Depth around 1-1.5m and come rigged with bbk hooks and quality split rings

Perfect as a twitching jerkbait or a slow roll lure as it has a tight wobble to it... 

Certainty will be a snook,flathead, salmon mully killer...

My 1st thought were for Flatties. Super keen to see future interations. Keep up the good work mate - your patterns and finishes are looking the goods 👌

10 hours ago, Territory Lad said:

My 1st thought were for Flatties. Super keen to see future interations. Keep up the good work mate - your patterns and finishes are looking the goods 👌

Now i got my painting up to scratch i cant wait for yellowfin season... got some killer designs im mind... 

Been using alot of everyday items as stencils... once i get a mic for my go pro i might makea few videos up to run through the processes i go through to paint. 

4 hours ago, Rybak said:

Doing a great job with those lures. Look fantastic. If you can do some videos with those lures catching some nice fish, they will sell like hotcakes. Might be an idea to hook up with that young fella doing regular videos on land, kayak & boat fishing "AlexsFishin" ..

Cheers mate. 

Im glad the 1st lot of lures i sold are to fishos that actually fish and catch fish. So hopefully they come back with some good photos videos etc.... 

I'M hoping to get out alot more myself now that my overtime got taken from me at work. Plus winter trout fishing is alomost upon us so I'll be looking to paint up alot more trout lures... 

My biggest issue is finding blanks that not only work bu are going to be readily available for me to get..

Plus i don't want to step on other lure painters feet. Hence why i haven't painted any cod/callop lures...

It's also a case of do you bulk paint say 5 different types of lures in say 3-4 different patterns And sell bulk or do you go with paint what i feel like and try sell it? If it sells great. If not i guess it can be mine to use. Haven't decided yet. 

I'll  keep just painting lures and creating my own styles and if i sell a few great! If not no big deal... i know that when i do get a chance to  go out to fish I'll only be using my lures and Rezbait plastics. All my other brand name lures have been packed up and put to the side... 

16 hours ago, southie THE BANGA said:

Cheers mate. 

Im glad the 1st lot of lures i sold are to fishos that actually fish and catch fish. So hopefully they come back with some good photos videos etc.... 

I'M hoping to get out alot more myself now that my overtime got taken from me at work. Plus winter trout fishing is alomost upon us so I'll be looking to paint up alot more trout lures... 

My biggest issue is finding blanks that not only work bu are going to be readily available for me to get..

Plus i don't want to step on other lure painters feet. Hence why i haven't painted any cod/callop lures...

It's also a case of do you bulk paint say 5 different types of lures in say 3-4 different patterns And sell bulk or do you go with paint what i feel like and try sell it? If it sells great. If not i guess it can be mine to use. Haven't decided yet. 

I'll  keep just painting lures and creating my own styles and if i sell a few great! If not no big deal... i know that when i do get a chance to  go out to fish I'll only be using my lures and Rezbait plastics. All my other brand name lures have been packed up and put to the side... 

If you managed to get onto any bent minnow blanks, Southie, I'd be very interested. Anywhere from 70mm to 180mm I'd have a use for them.

Well got home today and after finally over a month and a half i got some packages! Not all of them but its a start :)

20200512_181424.jpg20200512_181406.jpg20200512_181209.jpg20200512_181143.jpg20200512_181058.jpg20200512_181016.jpg20200512_180836.jpg20200512_180754.jpg

The last lot are 120mm and 40g will be painting them first to use them on the Salmon! 

If there is anything in particular youd like to see get painted or would like me to paint let me know. Im always open to buy and paint different lures.

20200512_181013.jpg

Painted up a few each of these trout candies this arvo. Im a big fan of my new rainbow trout pattern..

Might add some red speckle to the brown trout pattern though... 

These will be up for sale in the next few days if you are looking for some trout lures..

They come rigged with bbk hooks. 20200516_184311.jpg

20200516_184354.jpg

Well these are at the 2nd last stage of the lure painting process. 

Just added my signature on the bottom of the lures and added the 2nd and final clear coat to them. 

The last stage is fitting terminal tackle and test swimming before sale...

It's not as simple as paint lures and your ready to fish. It takes plenty of prep work and tedious bits amd pieces to produce lures like this...

It has taken 2 weeks of prepping. Drying. Clear coating etc just to complete 10 lures... 

That's what makes it much sweeter and rewarding when you sell one and someone catches a fish on them...

Keep an eye out as I'll put these up for sale on here 1st before i post elsewhere...

received_255035982576634.jpeg

received_729217251185467.jpeg

Cheers all... 

Might have some bigger projects in the near future i will be working on....

Just working on the options i have and wether or not they will be viable for me to make and sell..

But keep ya eyes peeled in the near future as it will take me awhile for all the parts to get here ;)

But for now here is a taste of what im working on at the moment ;)

20200524_190203.jpg

On 22/05/2020 at 4:35 PM, Softy said:

Let me know once the cranks arrive. ;) 

Got an notification saying they have landed in Australia and aus post have the shipping info...

So fingers crossed it gets delivered sometime this week...

Perfect weather to paint on the weekend as the weather looks crap to do anything else

17 minutes ago, Territory Lad said:

Dont forget the little people when Banga Baits goes global! 

Any plans on doing larger 90mm - 100mm stickbaits for YFW and the like?

Yeh mate sure is.... i won't buy anything until spring... unless i can get a good deal on them. But when spring time comes I'll be buying up a 100 or so yfw blanks. Maybe even some small poppers aswell... 

But certainly put the larger sizes on the list ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My latest project

Softy asked for some callop lures so after some research and finding some to suit the depths and conditions for the variety of ways people will fish them. 

So after 2 weeks they finally arrived. 

So decided to prep and start placing the sealent undercoat and base coat tonight to let it dry overnight to add the next colours to it... 

Softy gave me a photo of one of his favourite lure  patterns so i am going to replicate it but put my own twist on it... 

The lures are 100m from start of bib to tail end. (Only 5mm larger than the popular Daiwa rpm crank and weigh 15grams roughly with terminal added. 

Come with rattles too. Dives to 10ft-12ft

If interested let me know as i have sooo many colours and patterns available for this lure..

Here is some progress shots..

20200606_205418.jpg

20200606_205425.jpg

20200606_205349.jpg

Ill post pics as i progress with it. Cheers