Yet another DIY from your home industrial plant lol 

But will be a good trial for sure.

The only thing I understand with ANC worms is that they don't like the cold.  So maybe when the cooler months come in, you may have to set up a light inside to give some warmth.

I did try Sheldon Catchall Crawlers - different I know - which claimed to be good in fresh and sea water - I used them in sea water and they died quickly .... just as if the were regular earth worms.

http://www.sheldonsbait.com.au/catchall-crawlers/

Unfortunately, his trials showed the ANC to rate poorly against other worms, so I'm hoping you will prove this wrong :D 

7 hours ago, doobie said:

The only thing I understand with ANC worms is that they don't like the cold.  So maybe when the cooler months come in, you may have to set up a light inside to give some warmth.

I did try Sheldon Catchall Crawlers - different I know - which claimed to be good in fresh and sea water - I used them in sea water and they died quickly .... just as if the were regular earth worms.

Unfortunately, his trials showed the ANC to rate poorly against other worms, so I'm hoping you will prove this wrong :D 

Yeah I stuffed up - I thought I was buying Africans but I actually got European Night Crawlers which are more tolerant of the cold - so that worked out well -

I did do a test last night with Europeans versus Scrub worms on little bream - they dont seem to care what you throw - a worm is a worm to them😉 (They will smash the Tiger worms aswell)

I got a tip from a bloke who used to grow mushrooms - he said he used to put his mushies next to the hot water system outside because its a few degrees warmer than anywhere else out doors.

8 hours ago, yellow door 1 said:

I've since been informed, that the bedding material is still way too wet - so I'm going to lay it out on the concrete and dry it out - but other than that - It should be good.

If I'd kept at it - Manually squeezing the water out of the bedding would have left me with fore-arms like Pop-eye.

But laying it on the concrete for half a day got the job done - it wasnt even that warm and it dried much faster than I was expecting - the wind must have helped

223.jpg

225.jpg

8 hours ago, doobie said:

Yeah after doing my own trial last night - I can see a hole in his method - I had 2 rods spaced with the baits spaced 3m apart - with 2 hooks per rig (25cm apart) - one hook had a piece of ENC and the other  a scrub.

One rod barely got touched but the other one 3m away was getting murdered - So if I'd wanted to make one worm look better than the other - all I'd have to do is use one type of worm on each rod and chuck the worm I wanted to win, 3m to the right😉