Fast water trout fall to the Bugs...

This was a late afternoon trip to the fast waters of the Meander River and a good one it was with my first double figure catch since the 10th January. A slow start to the spin session that picked up the longer it went on as the Stone Fly & March Brown Bug spinners did their job on the trout. It's amazing how a dozen heat patches on the body gets one through a solid three hours in one of the toughest stretches of water on this river.. Just love chasing trout in fast water, cast and drift up and across the river then with a slow retrieve of the Mepps spinner, a light twitch of the trout rod every so often to make the spinner blade flutter works a treat on them. Don't forget, after every third or forth trout you catch always check the treble hooks to see if they're still in good condition & also make sure they're still sharp. I always sharpen mine after the third or forth trout is caught, even when I've hooked a few and lost them I still run the small sharpening stone over them.

cheers

Adrian