Life’s a beach 😎

8 minutes ago, gregtech said:

Ripper pics mate. What make/model drone?

I would love to take one offshore in filthy conditions and film how nasty it can get. Seeing what Ash Smith does to spot the tuna schools does get the blood pumping😜.

Any video?

It’s the first drone I’ve owned and I don’t get to use it enough to get really competent 😉 but it’s pretty bloody cool 😎 I went with the Mavic Pro for its size, flight time and quality. I also lashed out on a heap on ND and CP filters. They’re a must if you want to get really good quality footage in differing conditions 👍 

As for footage, yeah, I got plenty. However, it’s finding the time to edit it all together into some sort of cool and interesting video that is the problem 🤪

If I can dig a piece up, I’ll post it 👍

Im off to YouTube now to look up Ash Smith 🤓

10 hours ago, Softy said:

Geeze i was well off. Still looks awesome.

Surprised the Cruiser made it that far :D 

Hehehe. Almost came a croppa before Ceduna. You’d think I’d be right on top of this, seeing that I’m in the transport game 🤦🏼‍♂️ If you’ve had a wheel off, always check the nuts a little ways up the road 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Quality stuff Captain👍

I remember my old man telling me about spotter planes the Beach netters used to use to find big school of Salmon close to shore.

Those drones would be perfect for scanning gutters.

Some Dodgy pro operators up in NSW are already using them to Target "By-catch"

In the hands of a responsible rec angler they could be a very handy tool to increase catches

191.jpg

Cheers Yellow Door 👍👍 

Yeah, I used to hear about the spotter planes when I first started fishing out west.  It was usually offered as the reason the Salmon weren’t around 😕

I imagine a drone could be pretty handy for school spotting 🤓 I’m not sure how I feel about that 🤔 I guess as a recreational angler, I’m good with it 🙂 But stories like the one you posted highlight the downsides of such use. 

I guess my feeing is that I’m ok with most approaches but that moderation is the key 👌

Yeah we used to fish a beach about 3km long with about 6 distinct gutters on it - It was a long walk in through the dunes before even getting to the beach.

Sending up a drone might have taken some of the mystery out of the exercise  - but it also might have saved some long fruitless walks through soft sand😉