Snow capped Black Bluff..

I'm hoping once the weather settles down I'll be back in a river chasing trout, I'm not pushing myself this early in the season like I normally do..So there's no trout fishing for me yet, I had an appointment this afternoon to be assessed to see how soon I can see a orthopedic surgeon for hip replacements & lower back (L3,L4 & L5 discs) surgery.. Have been given the okay for a visit to the orthopedic surgeon for the hips which will be around twelve months time. As for the back, well that's going to be assessed another time down the track to see another surgeon.. Not in a hurry for the back surgery as they said it may result in three discs being removed & steel rods inserted plus a twelve month recovery.. I'll be trying to hold off on that operation for sure.. I'll just have to be more selective where I fish in a river this season, trouble is the easy to get to waters never hold trout.. My doctor is finally back from overseas so I'll be paying him a few visits for a dose of injections again... 
There was a nice dumping of snow overnight on Black Bluff with more forecast, very clear skies up this was tonight too.. more likely a heavy frost than snow here at this stage.
Here's a photo I took this morning from the back yard, I'd sooner it had been a few photos of some trout..😀😃

cheers
Adrian

Overnight snow on Black Bluff.. (Large).JPG

It's definitely a beautiful sight from your back yard.

But, on the otherside of things, you obviously need to take things easy, which I'm sure you will be doing, even though you'd like to be in those rivers catching the fish you love.

Hip replacements still seem, and are still a major surgery, but nowadays they'll have you on your feet within a few days.

The backs discs though are a different matter.  We'd like to think we can 'manage' the discomfort/pain but in the end the requirement of surgery has to be done.  Whenever that comes around, it will give you 12 months to sit back, reminisce and look through past footage - but also be planning your future trips :) 

Fingers crossed all goes well as nothing will keep the Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lure & Tackle Tactics down ;) 

Thanks doobie, it's all a long way off at this stage and I know I will benefit from it when it's done.. 

Hip replacements are pretty common now days and are very successful.. it's the back operation that I'm not all that keen on.. In saying that I am only going by what the doctor said & it will be quite some time before I get to see a surgeon to see what he comes up with, he may turn around and do nothing (as I'll be 76 by then) or find a simple solution.. I've lived with chronic back pain since 1972,  waiting a couple more years won't matter all that much, so I'll still squeeze quite a few more trips to the rivers over the waiting time. . 😃 

cheers

Adrian.. 

15 hours ago, Meppstas said:

I'm hoping once the weather settles down I'll be back in a river chasing trout, I'm not pushing myself this early in the season like I normally do..So there's no trout fishing for me yet, I had an appointment this afternoon to be assessed to see how soon I can see a orthopedic surgeon for hip replacements & lower back (L3,L4 & L5 discs) surgery.. Have been given the okay for a visit to the orthopedic surgeon for the hips which will be around twelve months time. As for the back, well that's going to be assessed another time down the track to see another surgeon.. Not in a hurry for the back surgery as they said it may result in three discs being removed & steel rods inserted plus a twelve month recovery.. I'll be trying to hold off on that operation for sure.. I'll just have to be more selective where I fish in a river this season, trouble is the easy to get to waters never hold trout.. My doctor is finally back from overseas so I'll be paying him a few visits for a dose of injections again... 
There was a nice dumping of snow overnight on Black Bluff with more forecast, very clear skies up this was tonight too.. more likely a heavy frost than snow here at this stage.
Here's a photo I took this morning from the back yard, I'd sooner it had been a few photos of some trout..😀😃

cheers
Adrian

Overnight snow on Black Bluff.. (Large).JPG

Love the picture , but feel for your pain as I have the same problem with L3,L4,and L5  with Sciatica ,and is very painful,after a failed Lamonectomy  ( cant spell check ) and many other procedures ,I was implanted with a Dorsal Column Simulator into the spine ,not fun , so I hope you go well , as bad backs rule your life CHEERS and good luck Matey .   

Thanks Lofty, yes I remember the suffering you've gone through mate and the trouble you're still having to put up with.. it can also put a lot of pressure on those around you as well when we have those off days with it..  

Another dumping of snow on the Bluff again last night and a few other places around the state, none here in Sheffield thankfully.. still damn cold here though.. 4.9 degrees at 11:55 am.. 

cheers

Adrian

1360718880_IMG_2802-1(Large).JPG.30c62930df5d7529eccfe2073a4a90fc.JPG2087931599_SnownearLakeLeake.thumb.jpg.a628cc49ec12793342a4b2a375ba63e8.jpg