1-3 kilo rod

1 hour ago, Soobz said:

The main thing that concerns me is being able to reach the tip on a 7'6 as I seem to have a knack for looping the braid around the last eye in any kind of wind.😆 I'm kinda going on the idea that the longer rod will allow for more lure action.

Boxing day specials might happen but that's usually on older models I think.

I can almost buy 2 Arrowz (on special) for 1 Zing extreme, but is the Zing twice as nice to use? So hard to tell because until you get on the water you can't really compare them, and comparing even roughly in the shop is really hard as no shop carries both lines. The Infeet 7'6 looked interesting but no local stock that I can find.

In USA tackle shops allow you to return for refund or exchange a new rod or reel that was used where the buyer didn't want it.Any tackle shop game enough to try that type of service here..NOPE

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, a few pics here too since this is a new design. The reel seat is like the Fuji seat on the Zing Xteme Gen II, except Daiwa doesn't have the scallops, it's 'ergonomic' and at first I tho

X8 grande ties real well. Nice small knot too. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I settled on the Infeet 732LFS, bloody hell it's thin/light for a 1-4kg rod but lots of back end power. Sportsfishing Scene at Cavan had all 3 rods (Zing Xtreme, Arrowz, Infeet) with a few models of e

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, SurfcaztR said:

In USA tackle shops allow you to return for refund or exchange a new rod or reel that was used where the buyer didn't want it.Any tackle shop game enough to try that type of service here..NOPE

Yeah, it's one of the things I like about Amazon, but their fishing rod range is rubbish. You'd think that they'd at least have demo rods here, like a middle of the range one and then you'd know if you want lighter to harder.

If it helps, I run both an Atomic Arrowz Bream Surface (7') and the original Zing Exteme Flats (7'6). Both Re matched with Stradic Ci4 1000s and 6lb Singlon x8. 

My preference in a 1:1 comparison is the Samaki. It casts the same lure further and personally I just like the feel that little bit better. It loads really nice when the fish strikes and runs. However, the one limitation is the micro guides. If you intend on winding your leader knot through the guides you will be limited in the leader size and I would seriously recommend using the FG Knot (or something similar). I have no issues with 4lb FC, but when I a heavier FC the knot catches and causes guide wraps and even line breaks, as I watch the lure sail off into the distance. Oddly I find 10lb mono leader goes through the guides without issue. I put this down to the mono being not as stiff, so it catches less. It could all be in my own head though as well.....

In saying that, if budget is deciding factor, go grab 2 x Arrowz. They are great rods, especially for the price. You can even grab two different types, eg. A Bream surface (or even crank) and then one of the light estuary models. Cover more bases. I love mine and have even contemplated getting a 2nd. For their price, you can't go wrong.

I settled on the Infeet 732LFS, bloody hell it's thin/light for a 1-4kg rod but lots of back end power. Sportsfishing Scene at Cavan had all 3 rods (Zing Xtreme, Arrowz, Infeet) with a few models of each. Was a very tough call but in the end decided 7'6 was longer than I needed and couldn't really find a reason to pay the extra $50 for the Zing Xtreme. The Arrowz are great rods for the money when discounted but reviews on these new Infeet are glowingly positive (could be all marketing/sponsorship hype of course) but life's short. A good chance I'll have one of each in the arsenal at some point ;)  See how long it takes me to do something stupid with this one...

OK, a few pics here too since this is a new design. The reel seat is like the Fuji seat on the Zing Xteme Gen II,

image.png.072b7e760f4bc55259a437599ffb4804.png

except Daiwa doesn't have the scallops, it's 'ergonomic' and at first I thought it silly, but damned if it don't work well. Even the fact that there's no EVA  is a good thing as you are more directly connected to the line, then again I wear sun gloves anyway

image.png.22f3c6ca26c6a138026063faea32d8c5.png

note the hook keeper is behind the reel so that the line cant catch on it unintentionally...anyway your hand grips the curves in a very natural way, hard to show but...

image.png.bf0299845536a91dae605dd72d23b0bc.png

Oh, look who's been cleaning squid

image.png.346da3ef95fdd170054347575583ee65.png

I need to take it bream fishing, and then out on the flats.