1-3 kilo rod

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, a few pics here too since this is a new design. The reel seat is like the Fuji seat on the Zing Xteme Gen II, except Daiwa doesn't have the scallops, it's 'ergonomic' and at first I tho

X8 grande ties real well. Nice small knot too. Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I settled on the Infeet 732LFS, bloody hell it's thin/light for a 1-4kg rod but lots of back end power. Sportsfishing Scene at Cavan had all 3 rods (Zing Xtreme, Arrowz, Infeet) with a few models of e

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, MIKECATTS said:

https://tackleworldadelaide.com.au/samaki-zing-xtreme-szx-702sxl-spinning-rod-clearance/

FOR $99 you cant go wrong... I use this and like it very much.. Its my favourite..

Thanks I’m loving the diawa hyper had to get it from BCF family gave me a $50 gift card so it cost me $80 after the $50 card :) 

1 hour ago, Softy said:

I actually saw the Zing this when their sale thing popped up on FB this morning. I considered it but not sure i want a 1-3kg i'm used to using 2-4kg

Then ill have to buy a reel to suit...... then braid..... :lol: 

I’m loving it with my 1000 reels haven’t respooled the 750 yet but it’s good with the 2500 . Funny how you can feel the tiny tiny fish now for legal or bigger . braid I’m using 6 lb on the sienna 5 lb on the laguna and other diawa reel plus all three use 4 lb FC .  Into the centre of the Pat today into the wind was like a 2-4 kilo rod 

2 hours ago, Territory Lad said:

@Softy dont think, just do! 

I have the 7'6 version of the same and its a belter. Agree with Mike - easily my fav wand in my arsenal for light stuff. Thinking of grabbing this 7' version myself.

I have the Samaki Archer 6112SL 4-8lb and a Samaki Archer 692SXL 2-6lb and I prefer the Zing 702 2-6lb... I bought another for a spare anyways.. Why dont they do reels at half price? Ide like a nice 1000 with a spare spool or 2.

Since i saw the AIRD-X combos almost 2 years ago i wanted one but to tight to pay the $250ish. BCF doing a clearance at the moment because the new AIRD 20's are out. So at 00:30 this morning before waiting to leave for the Coorong i bit the bullet. 2-4kg 2500. Club price $160 but i had a $20 voucher i won from the Gone Fishing Day so worked out to be $140. My kinda price. :lol:

Now to figure out what braid weight to run... I've always run 8lb but might go down to 6lb. Do people think that the 2lb makes a lot of difference? I've already decided on 8x J-Braid.

1 minute ago, Softy said:

Since i saw the AIRD-X combos almost 2 years ago i wanted one but to tight to pay the $250ish. BCF doing a clearance at the moment because the new AIRD 20's are out. So at 00:30 this morning before waiting to leave for the Coorong i bit the bullet. 2-4kg 2500. Club price $160 but i had a $20 voucher i won from the Gone Fishing Day so worked out to be $140. My kinda price. :lol:

Now to figure out what braid weight to run... I've always run 8lb but might go down to 6lb. Do people think that the 2lb makes a lot of difference? I've already decided on 8x J-Braid.

Are you flicking lures at bream then yes at least 6 lb braid and 4 lb leader 

7 minutes ago, Softy said:

In the same brand and model or braid - no, not a significant / tangible difference. 

Between brands - can be extraordinary!

As an example, I have 8lb power pro on an older spin reel and use 6lb siglon on my current - poles apart in every way imaginable. It's not even apples and oranges, it's more apples and rocks......

Finally got my AIRD-X combo today after dealing with Couriers Please... God they are hopeless!

Come with a 2000 reel i thought it had 2500 no biggy i guess.. More "finesses" :lol: First thoughts a LOT softer then i thought so will see how it goes. It should be alright i guess, everyone seems to love these rods. I will go around the corner tomorrow and get some braid for it, decided on 8X Grande J-Braid.

21 minutes ago, Softy said:

decided on 8X Grande J-Braid.

I've been using the J Braid Grande 10 & 20lb in Island blue for a while and I like it, good abrasion resistance and hold knots as good as any other I've used. No reason to believe that the lighter lines would not share the same qualities. The blue colour took a bit of getting used to after using mainly yellow for years, but it's become my preferred colour now due to it's low visibility below the surface.

I've also switched over to using J Braid Thread FC, a good tough leader.

Hi all.. I opened up my new Samaki yesterday, I was going to try out.. Its broken.. The top half is cracked/crushed.. Just above where the lower piece slots into it.... I rang them and they said to bring it in... I hope they replace it... Probably will blame me.. I didnt check at the shop.. Maybee I should of.. I will next time.. Lucky I bought it as a spare.. I used my old one yesterday..

I dont get rods posted as I think they will get broken so I went and collected it..

Has anyone dealt with returns from Tacklworld? 

PC050805.JPG

PC050806.JPG

PC050807.JPG

PC050808.JPG

2 hours ago, MIKECATTS said:

Hi all.. I opened up my new Samaki yesterday, I was going to try out.. Its broken.. The top half is cracked/crushed.. Just above where the lower piece slots into it.... I rang them and they said to bring it in... I hope they replace it... Probably will blame me.. I didnt check at the shop.. Maybee I should of.. I will next time.. Lucky I bought it as a spare.. I used my old one yesterday..

I dont get rods posted as I think they will get broken so I went and collected it..

PC050805.JPG

PC050806.JPG

PC050807.JPG

PC050808.JPG

Haven’t had to return broken things . I was sold a rod that was wrong for lure fishing store took it back no issue . Good luck 

7 hours ago, MIKECATTS said:

PC050805.JPG

PC050806.JPG

PC050807.JPG

PC050808.JPG

How did you get on with Tackleworld? Interestingly I thought they might have checked it over before you took it. Regards, HBt. 

As an aside have a new 2-4kg rod on its way. Will be a new challenge as it is 9'6" in length so looking forward to what it might do. The hope is that I will be able to reach certain areas at low water that have previously been out of reach. Time and my casting ability will tell. 😉

On 05/12/2020 at 7:38 AM, MIKECATTS said:

PC050805.JPG

PC050806.JPG

PC050807.JPG

PC050808.JPG

Hi all.. Tackle world Adelaide swapped the broken rod no probs.. He said it happens.. Im impressed and will support them a bit more..

52 minutes ago, Territory Lad said:

The TW lads are good people. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Did they happen to have the same model in stock? Or did you pick something else up?

Hi Mate.. I got the same... Looks like they didnt sell out after all..... No questions asked.. he had a look and said sorry about that.. 

Ok guys I’ve been using the team Diawa hyper rod 1-3 kilos love it . Have yet to catch a legal bream been having fun with tiny STs yesterday 36 today 25 . I’ve been swapping with three reels besides the 2500 reel as I’ve mentioned using laguna 1000 and sienna 1000 . Same rod smaller lures . Laguna reel when I got over the line issues casts the smaller lures further than the Sienna. Rod I’m happy with 

I broke the tip off my Savage rod, idiocy on my part, I dont want to talk about it
So shopping for a 1-3 or there abouts. Very tempted by the Samaki zing extreme 7'6 v2 but is new and a lot of coin. The Arrowz are on special again but no SUL model local, and I'm really keen to try a longer rod...which I might regret on the yak.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Soobz said:

I broke the tip off my Savage rod, idiocy on my part, I dont want to talk about it emoji850.png
So shopping for a 1-3 or there abouts. Very tempted by the Samaki zing extreme 7'6 v2 but is new and a lot of coin. The Arrowz are on special again but no SUL model local, and I'm really keen to try a longer rod...which I might regret on the yak.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

When on a kayak the rod needs to be long enough so that if the fish takes a run around the yak the line at the rod tip can pass around the yak and not get caught up.Usually 7' for most 7'6" is only a bit longer so it won't matter.A 1-3 or 2-4kg rod either will work as your not casting from shore trying to reach something far away as with a yak you just drift over.Sometimes a 1-3 or 2-4kg rod can feel the same depending on who makes it,always best to get hands on before buying.

The main thing that concerns me is being able to reach the tip on a 7'6 as I seem to have a knack for looping the braid around the last eye in any kind of wind.😆 I'm kinda going on the idea that the longer rod will allow for more lure action.

Boxing day specials might happen but that's usually on older models I think.

I can almost buy 2 Arrowz (on special) for 1 Zing extreme, but is the Zing twice as nice to use? So hard to tell because until you get on the water you can't really compare them, and comparing even roughly in the shop is really hard as no shop carries both lines. The Infeet 7'6 looked interesting but no local stock that I can find.