Your Forum Name...WHY???

Hi Folks.I am sure this topic has been done before, but with all the new additions to the site, I thought it timely it was revisited. :icon_cool:With all the strange names used on this site, I am sure there is an interesting story behind them and perhaps would make interesting reading. ::)Please post how and why you chose your name.Mine is superman5609superman...with a surname of KENT... :P56 year born...09 the year I came back fishing after being out of circulation for several years because of illnessYOUR TURNTight Lines! :fishing:[glow=red,2,300]See Ya on the River Bank...[/glow]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine came from a combination of work and fishing ;D. When I got back into fishing after many many years lay off I got some of these things called 'lures' :o So I looked on the net to find out forums to learn more about these 'lures', when I stated on forums one night at work where everyone used to comment on how 'hard' I worked :icon_lol: I saw an add for Lazerlures, and I thought 'Lazerlures' how about 'Lazylures'....'Lazylure' 'thats my user name' ;D and its stuck ever since. ;)

interesting thread this :laugh:mine is pellipeeli 13 BUT supposed to be PEELI PEELI 13 when i joined Strike Hook i must have hit the wrong letters :-[ ,now i dont know how to change it, .hissy. peeli peeli is koori (Aboriginal) for Maccullochella Peeli Peeli or Murray Cod #13 is for how many i have caught ;D :fishing:PS I just love to catch them with lures and let them all go :angel: [thumb][/thumb] size=676http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/fe51i8CH__first_ever_cod_on_a_lure.JPG[/img]

mine is because it is what I normally catch.starting to improve a little, but sometimes when relaxing on the murray, I hope that nothing takes my bait. I would have to get up and remove the fish and re-bait. tooo much effort sometimes.pellipeeli 13, click on Profile at the top of this page and then click on Account Related Settings.change your name there.you will still have to use pellipeeli 13 to log-in, but your changed name will show up.

Tyke = nickname for a bloke from my original part of the world. Yorkshire,UK.Easy to type with only four letters.In our rental business people actually call me it to my face.............who cares :icon_lol: :icon_lol:Not keen on the dictionary interpretations........Quote.1. A small child, especially a boy.2. A mongrel or cur.3. Chiefly British A man considered uncouth or mean; a boor.Noun 1. Tyke - a native of YorkshireEnglish person - a native or inhabitant of England 2. tyketyke - a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinementboor, churl, Goth, tike, barbarian, peasantdisagreeable person, unpleasant person - a person who is not pleasant or agreeable. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

no im not bald, my forum name comes from nickname which is the first of my surname baldacchino

Huh! Another Chock :icon_e_wink:1st, 2nd or third generation Baldy :-\Not a Baldacchino in the SATBC r ya?

Long standing nickname

It does crack a giggle in the Sea Rescue radio room sometimes.
Is that y, ooops , why :icon_e_wink: I have to spell it for them phonetically ::) No wait thats Coast Guard who I have to do that for :icon_lol:Some interesting and resourseful acromnyms in amoungst that lot 8)