Hillocks or other camping / fishing options

I'm going to do a camping trip with my son in December or Jan and was thinking Hillocks Drive.

Is there much to be had at Hillocks / Butlers beach in the summer months?

Are there other Yorks spots likely to have success on the fishing side of things? I gather not the best time of year for Salmon.

Any other locations recommended for a camping/fishing trip that time of year?

West coast is probably a bit far, but still on the radar.

Personally, i'd like to have a camp around Parsons, some crazy landbase reef systems there that would keep you entertained all day. 

Foul Bay, Stomper kgw are caught off the beach during summer time. Even Cray by snorkel 

You could fish the surf beach's around Inne's for Mullys and shark. 

Ardossan has a couple areas you can camp, Rake crabs, squid off the jetty, go floundering at night time on the flats. 

Spoilt for choices.   

Anywhere on the bottom of yorkes is potentially good. Stenhouse bay jetty would be a great place to start, you could camp at marion bay and explore the bottom end . Dont rule out salmon in summmer either, Have seen massive schools on yorke peninsula in January before. If no salmon then should be tommie, squid, mullet  etc to keep you occupied.