southie THE BANGA'S LURES in Tasmania..

I finally got around to giving one of two of Brayden's hard body lures ( 41mm 4g Brown trout pattern) a go today in the Mersey River in dull overcast conditions and very clear water..

the lure worked a treat picking up a brown & a rainbow trout in quick time.. the fishing was tough today with a low moving in, I did hook and lose two trout on it as well.

They're a great action light weight lure, very impressed with it.. here's a couple of pic;'s..

cheers

Adrian...

53570494_IMG_4420(Large).JPG.a743114fd570cafdc81828df278c392a.JPG

The brown was the first that fell to the lure..

1608191693_IMG_4423(Large).JPG.cf02011bdf72f9c1bd688bb4295fd917.JPG

Then not long after a rainbow was landed..

2 hours ago, doobie said:

Was there any doubt Southies lures would not work :D 

Nice couple of trouts too ;) 

No doubting them at all doobie he did a great job with  them, I added the small red dots to the lure, like I do with most of my trout hard body lures.,

Brayden even tested them before he sent them to me..  

cheers

Adrian

Can't believe i hadn't seen this!!!

Stoked you have gotten some fish on them mate! especially fish from another state... Might need to buy some more of those blanks and paint some more up!

Next lot i'll be sure to add red dots to them was always my intention i just hadn't found a way to add them so they dont look like they are just put there sort of thing!

2 minutes ago, southie THE BANGA said:

Can't believe i hadn't seen this!!!

Stoked you have gotten some fish on them mate! especially fish from another state... Might need to buy some more of those blanks and paint some more up!

Next lot i'll be sure to add red dots to them was always my intention i just hadn't found a way to add them so they dont look like they are just put there sort of thing!

They're great, as for the red dots I just used a pointed tooth pick to dab them on..😃

Sent you a PM too..

Thanks HB, actually I don't normally use that type of snap for the hard body lures, the reason it's on there is because I've been too slack to change it to those in the photo that I have set up on my other 10 trout rods.. the ones in the photo are what I normally have set up on the rods.. In the first lot of photos you'll notice the swivel I normally have set up, that's what I have on the other trout rods, I rotate my use of rods on a regular basis..

That snap swivel hasn't altered how the lure works.. I'm glad you noticed it, it's made me get off my a**e and change it... 😃😃 

cheers

Adrian

1042245877_IMG_4547(Large).JPG.af24bab1c498c3596832c302f65d3106.JPG

I use those, but am going to try the egg type as they are stronger and as far as I can tell more secure as they overlock, and seem the closest thing to a loop knot.

image.png.206fe30aae64ae589a55e3cf7f94dac0.png

Of course they are "cross rock"! If you want to annoy a Japanese person ask them to say "racecourse" :)

(I have a number of Japanese friends)

BTW, these are Y300, which is like $4, why do we pay $10?