SA -Going into lock down

7 minutes ago, Mickyj said:

Let’s put it this way when it concerns money our federal government comes after you all guns blazing... that’s what found out from Centrelink they cut me claimed I owned a house which put me over limits ..... that was Xmas Eve 2019 took me weeks to prove I don’t and forced them to give me rent assistance for the first time .... and my experts said houses are not assets especially when you don’t own one :) 

Yeah the article says they cant fine him for the lie in relation to covid - but I'm sure there will be other repercussions both socially and possibly a visit from the ato if he was working for cash

1 hour ago, Mickyj said:

Hmm it says exercising is permitted my lure fishing is exercising they never stopped me last time and they drove past me most days 

They may have driven past last time, but we weren't in a lock down then - we are still in a lock down period although with a few lifted restrictions.

Fishing is not exercise, wish it was but it's not.

Fishing is fishing - can't have people fishing on a jetty or in a boat, but allow someone to fish along a river.

Wait 1 more day Micky ;)  don't want to see you get an infringement notice.

17 minutes ago, doobie said:

They may have driven past last time, but we weren't in a lock down then - we are still in a lock down period although with a few lifted restrictions.

Fishing is not exercise, wish it was but it's not.

Fishing is fishing - can't have people fishing on a jetty or in a boat, but allow someone to fish along a river.

Wait 1 more day Micky ;)  don't want to see you get an infringement notice.

It’s strange back when we couldn’t be close people were being close . Kids are playing basketball in the park behind my house right now  . Flicking a lure and walking is a bit different to standing on a jetty .

Surely the Woodville Pizza Bar would have been asked for a list of their employees from SAHealth if the other infected security guard from Peppers worked there as well. Maybe some of the heat should be put on them instead of just this individual worker, after all they were employing him weren't they? Not just selling him a pizza!

Why are the F'N staff from these Medi-hotels working more than one job! Get the right staff and pay them enough wages Steven Marshall otherwise this is quite likely to happen again somewhere.

1 hour ago, Aff said:

Surely the Woodville Pizza Bar would have been asked for a list of their employees from SAHealth if the other infected security guard from Peppers worked there as well. Maybe some of the heat should be put on them instead of just this individual worker, after all they were employing him weren't they? Not just selling him a pizza!

Why are the F'N staff from these Medi-hotels working more than one job! Get the right staff and pay them enough wages Steven Marshall otherwise this is quite likely to happen again somewhere.

At a guess the ATO should goose step in cash in hand jobs aren’t legal and if anyone is getting benefits Centrelink should goose step in 

5 hours ago, Mickyj said:

Don’t tell doobie he was correct 

I'm always correct :lol: 

didn’t cost me money 

You were lucky, but they probably understood many were confused about with lifted restrictions ---- except me :lol: 

but fishing isn’t exercise 

No chit !! :lol: 

22 minutes ago, doobie said:

I'm always correct :lol: 

You were lucky, but they probably understood many were confused about with lifted restrictions ---- except me :lol: 

No chit !! :lol: 

What I don’t get 10 people running close together the cops ignored mamils on bikes close together ignored but me 😂 

ive heard reports police have stopped two people from one house in a car and told them it’s illegal to do that but you can exercise together 🤷‍♂️

After conflicting directions on the government websites I ended up calling the covid infoline regarding a contact sport I participate in. The person on the phone had no idea if we could go back to training legally or not and cited the sport related example that they had been given earlier that morning.

Can you go to basketball training with your team? NO!

Can you go to the local court and play basketball with your mates? YES!

Fantastic! 🤨

On 24/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, bjorn2fish said:

After conflicting directions on the government websites I ended up calling the covid infoline regarding a contact sport I participate in. The person on the phone had no idea if we could go back to training legally or not and cited the sport related example that they had been given earlier that morning.

Can you go to basketball training with your team? NO!

Can you go to the local court and play basketball with your mates? YES!

Fantastic! 

Does seem some what conflicting.

I heard the logic from Spurrier (Chief Health Officer) that organised team sports often involve participants that may live in many different areas around Adelaide gathering in one place and therefore risk of geographical spread would be greater. Hope that makes sense and explains the inconsistency.......still seems a bit illogical to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you need a permit to come into S.A. So it was probably an automated thing.

Couple of us where talking about heading to Neds Corner (VIC) this weekend for the Cod opening but seems we still need a permit SA>VIC so to hard basket. Will just have to wait for the SA cod season to open at the end of the month i guess.

2 minutes ago, Softy said:

What fishing mission are you on? 

I want to follow the coastline around the Yorke Peninsula, never fished there yet and then over to Smoky for a month and possibly a couple of weeks at Fowlers plus a couple of favourite spots west of there. The weather will be determining factor as it always is with fishing trips.

1 hour ago, SurfcaztR said:

Going over the border and a covid outbreak,state goes into lock down and you are stuck.That's something some won't be prepared for.

Not really a problem for us SurfcaztR, the wife and I are both retired and our car/caravan rig is set up for long term trips.

The last trip we did to SA was only supposed to be for 3 weeks to look at buying a house in Smoky Bay, but we ended up staying there for a bit over 6 months. I can think of worse places to be in lockdown if there is another outbreak.

We recently spent a couple of months up around Cooktown and met quite a few SA travellers who had decided to stay in Qld for the duration of the Covid crisis and most of them had the same outlook, they invariably said that they could think of worse places to be, but I wonder if they will think the same if and when the forecast cyclone season kicks in.