Tackle storage, tidiness, etc

Not sure if this has been done before or not?

What's everyone prefer to use for tackle storage and keeping it in some sort of order?

Do you

Use the trays and a bag?

1/2/3/whatever tray box where the trays open up/out?

Something else?

Combination?

For me I use a 3 tray box. Current version is not as good as the one I had stolen. But this style seems the easiest option for me, also the messiest... It generally has all my gear in it so I'm technically ready for whatever I find I want to target or what's biting.

I have a bag and a few trays but can never seem to find the right mix for a day's fishing. Yet alone fitting the bits and bobs I want to have in there. so never seem to use these.

Also regardless of what you use how do you manage to keep it all in order?

I find the bottom of my tackle box is a jungle. And full of empty hook packets loose sinkers and lures plus many knotted messes

I've got a large-ish tub that keeps it all in one place and can throw in the car if going away, and in that I use a combo of smaller boxes:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tactix-380mm-22-compartment-organiser-storage-box_p2580702

or it's smaller 30cm? $4 variant

And I also use the Decor red sealed ones from the supermarket;

https://www.decor.com.au/product/match-ups-clips-oblong-4l/ um I think it's that one.

The Tactix boxes are for lures, sinkers, hooks, swivels etc

The Decor boxes: 1 for soft plastics (which can be smelly and you want a sealed box),  1 for line and other larger items.

When I'm going out I'll make up 1 Decor box and 1 tactix box that both fit in a cheap $20 backpack (Port Markets). I also have 1 thin Decor Tellfresh tool case with side cutters, multi-tool, screwdriver, just in case I get in trouble (split ring pliers on my PFD).

I am not a neat person by default, so my aim is compartment as much as I can, have it easy to see in shallow boxes.

What I don't have a good solution for is snelled hooks and rigs, which is why I am fishing lures way more now :)

Everything including rods kept in a single wadrobe with internal drawers. Lures kept in tackle trays/Sistema boxes/1 drawer. Reels kept in the other drawers. Just take out what I need depending on where I will be fishing. It all goes in a Rapala sling bag on the day. 😉 Some might say anal or obsessive compulsive but I LOVE neat and tidy: a place for everthing and everything in its place. Regards, HBt.

I'm the same HBt, I don't like clutter and because I mainly fish with soft plastics, I only take with me what I need for the session - a couple of packets of sp's, a small tackle box with a selection of jigheads to suit the fish I am targeting, a small spool of fc leader, braid scissors and a knife. It all goes into an old canvas army sling bag, easy to carry and easy to get at things.

My gear at home is neatly stored in trays for lures etc, rods stored in purpose built racks and reels kept in various padded containers all marked with type, model and line description. If I get a phone call from a mate at some ridiculous time of the night telling me that he will pick me up in half an hour, my gear is ready to go without having to rat around sorting things at the last minute.

I shudder when I see the mess and clutter that others wallow in and yet they appear to be happy and enjoying their fishing. To each their own.

6 minutes ago, dmck said:

If I kept it neat and tidy, my financial director would easily see how many fishing assets I actually have....

No... better to keep it messy... "In confusion there is profit" (Tony Curtis--" Don't give up the ship"(I think))

OH.. and dont store it all in the one spot...

We got to think this out to your advantage,i could ask my cousin Vinnie to represent you if needed.