Simple rig for Coorong Mulloway in boat

Ezyrig running on main line, rolling swivel with or without clip pending your preference. 1 foot approx sinker dropper a bit lighter than your main line (sacraficial), 3 foot approx trace with a 4/0 circle or 2 snooded on 40-60lb fluro, maybe a glowbead if your into that (I love em, pretty). For the lure trace of about a metre of 20-40lb fluro attached however you like should do the job.

Good luck.

23 hours ago, Elecmuso said:

Thanks but I'm having a hard time picturing that! I've never used ezyrigs either. Is this close to what you are saying which I found here: http://wp.fishingmonthly.com.au/2019/12/06/mulloway-we-will-fight-them-on-the-beaches/

image.png.b79bb6632e39ec738bc08f6a8f36efa0.png

Yep, that's pretty much it. No need for a shock leader, that's more for surf casting. Ezyrig just does the job of the running swivel in the pic. I used running swivels myself previously but found the ezyrigs kinder on your connecting knot and mainline. I also found i got least tangles with a 3:1 trace to dropper ratio and prefer the lengths i mentioned earlier, circle hooks are another personal choice but I'm telling you once you get the hang of them you wont go back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...