Kangaroo Island

Just spent 6 days cruising KI with a couple of old mates.Physically I’m not as capable as I would like to be, I’m one of the people who would of fished hard every minute of the day but now I’m more the deckie and I enjoy helping others to catch fish.On these trips I supply the gear tie the rigs bait the hooks and get a lot of pleasure from it .The fishing was pretty average for ki standards and the weather forecasters were having a bad week.The tuna reports of small schools out from Emu Bay had us doing a fair bit o trolling for no success,so we decided to spend most of our trip fishing in close chasing whiting.Over the next few days the same story kept repeating .We would pull up to a whiting spot that has been productive for us in the past,4 rods go in and 4 rods come up tight double header of small pinky snapper.Pick comes up we move only for this to happen time and time again.In all we only landed about a dozen plump whiting but it was great to see the snapper stocks are on the improve.

825B5A26-5D4E-4957-975C-20DF0F58375F.jpeg

BCB50FC0-925F-4E98-B1AE-B3A90C43E853.jpeg

57669025-1A65-454C-B386-BC180D3976E0.jpeg

6 hours ago, jackmac said:

the weather forecasters were having a bad week

No....really? That rarely happens😆

Hows the size of that snook!!!! Friggin horse!!!!

Agree that the snapper are a 'pest' at the moment and hopefully it isn't an outright slaughter on opening day 🙄

Still looks like a great trip even without the SBTs👍

1 hour ago, gregtech said:

No....really? That rarely happens😆

Hows the size of that snook!!!! Friggin horse!!!!

Agree that the snapper are a 'pest' at the moment and hopefully it isn't an outright slaughter on opening day 🙄

Still looks like a great trip even without the SBTs👍

The snook went 97 on the brag mat.Just getting away fo a week was great, a nice tuna would of topped it off, was looking forward to some sashumi. I have until the end of February to make up for it might head down to the Althorps if the weather permits.