A to Z guide to making burley from carp with electric mulcher

YD... good use for carp.  I've never tried it for burley... what do you attract with it?

I use saltwater fish scraps in a muncher, but add chook pellets, bread and tuna oil.

How would you go filleting the carp.. I guess the heads would still require "cranium surgery"

I use a tomahawk to 'downsize' difficult pieces.

and.. btw....  european wasps are not confined to Melbum... I live in the Adelaide Hills and will not see a wasp for 12 months or so....  Start making burley and they are out in swarms....  Funny - the mincer doesnt seem to attract them as much ( I have a heavy duty mincer for smaller scraps.

41 minutes ago, dmck said:

YD... good use for carp.  I've never tried it for burley... what do you attract with it?

I use saltwater fish scraps in a muncher, but add chook pellets, bread and tuna oil.

How would you go filleting the carp.. I guess the heads would still require "cranium surgery"

I use a tomahawk to 'downsize' difficult pieces.

and.. btw....  european wasps are not confined to Melbum... I live in the Adelaide Hills and will not see a wasp for 12 months or so....  Start making burley and they are out in swarms....  Funny - the mincer doesnt seem to attract them as much ( I have a heavy duty mincer for smaller scraps.

Yeah with in seconds of cracking the carps skull with a hammer on the bank. Wasps materialised out of thin air. 

Melbournes pinkies don’t mind a bit of carp for bait. I use it almost exclusively while the boys are using more traditional baits

And filleting carp to make baits is pretty straight forward. Just the same  as a snapper

just fillet skin salt and fish😉

323F908A-14FB-4927-8422-9A880D96DB58.jpeg

0F002567-8CA3-4856-8488-7EE5D2813A65.jpeg