O'Sullivans Beach Boat Ramp changes.

FYI for those that use the Sullies boat ramp - immediate effect (18.3.2021)

Boat ramp launch permit

Important changes at O’Sullivan Beach Boat Ramp

The City of Onkaparinga has temporarily taken responsibility for operating the O’Sullivan Beach boat ramp.

This is because council has identified concerns about the current operator’s compliance with conditions of the operating agreement.

The council has invited the operators to respond to these concerns.

Once the response has been received, council will review it and make a final decision.

Council is not in a position to provide any further details to the public until the matter has been resolved.

Council is not in a position to provide any further details to the public until the matter has been resolved.

The ramp can still be accessed as normal with a launch permit.

Daily launch permits can still be purchased on site, with contract staff available at the ramp to help manage this process.

Launch permits can also be purchased online below.

Unfortunately, the kiosk is closed until further notice.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused due to the kiosk’s closure.

Until the Kiosk can be reopened, we ask ramp users to ensure they have purchased all necessary supplies before arriving at O’Sullivan Beach.

If you are the holder of a Council-branded long-term permit purchased from Council, your permit remains valid.

If you are the holder of a long-term permit or gift certificate purchased from the O’Sullivan Beach Boat Ramp and Kiosk, please contact the City of Onkaparinga on 8384 0666 and have your permit with you when you call.  These permits will no longer be accepted and a replacement permit issued by Council will be required.  Credit toward a replacement permit may be provided in place of the time remaining on your current permit.

Yeah, the Onk council has made a number of accusations - whether true or false only those involved really know.

This is the kiosk operator (Rob) response .... 

"

Dear Customers, friends and boat ramp users. Apologies for the lengthy post.
Most of you will have already discovered that the council has taken over the boat ramp and locked the kiosk. Thank you for the many, many phone calls of concern that I have received. I feel that you all deserve an explanation for this.
On Wednesday 17th March I arrived at the ramp to open up as usual only to find that the locks had been changed and I was being accused of being in default of the lease agreement. I was blindsided by this as I had no knowledge of any breaches of the lease agreement on my part. The council have accused me of the following.
They are stating that I have been collecting cash for daily fees in amounts not prescribed by council. Why would I do this? Everyone gets a launch ticket and if I charge less I still have to pay the council the same amount resulting in a loss in my income not theirs.
They are stating that gift certificates can not be used for launchings: Unfortunately I was not aware of this. Gift certificate holder’s launchings are still registered every time they launch their boat using their certificate. Again, council is still receiving their percentage of this. They have requested that people bring their certificates in to council for some reason. If anyone has a certificate that still has any balance on it I will honour the balance of these in stock , if I am able at some point to access my stock, or I will organize a balance refund. There will be some really cheap fishing tackle and bait to be had.
They are stating that I have regularly misused social media by posting regular complaints about and concerning council. I’m having trouble finding any of these regular posts on this page. (I suppose this one probably counts).
They are stating that I am regularly abusive and aggressive to users of the boat ramp and by my conduct have discredited the council.
I have been given 30 days to respond to all of this. It has taken a few days to get over the shock and disbelief that I am being put through this again. Initially I had thought to engage a lawyer however my lease expires in October and because I have now been deprived of all income I am not in a financial position to do this. Council has obviously decided to remove me and, as they have unlimited access to rate payer funded lawyers, I have decided to walk away rather than drag it out only to be removed in October anyway.
I am planning to request that I be allowed to have access to the shop for a short period of time in order to offload as much stock as I can. If I am successful in this I will let you all know when that will be.
I have loved operating the ramp and would like to thank everyone for their continued friendship and support over the last 12 years.
Many of you have asked what you can do to help. It would be appreciated if you have time to contact the council via email with character references as they are trying to assassinate my character with this. They are deleting all positive comments about me from the post on their facebook page.
Lastly- if anyone knows of any jobs going I’ll be looking in a few week’s time.
Rob "
  • 3 weeks later...