Ban Whiting @ Easter

On 3/4/2021 at 8:15 PM, Territory Lad said:

Well if it is their spawing period then that makes sense.

That is why they closed it before but decided that whiting are in great numbers.

Our catch rates agree with this - but most people complain they can't find them but many don't put in the time to understand where they are and why - and then understand the pattern.

We haven't been out from the last public holiday but are heading out tomorrow. I'm hoping the whiting haven't moved in that time but will find out. Ideally, getting out every 2 to 3 weeks is best, as they do move as the seasons do :)

David

12 hours ago, David_C said:

That is why they closed it before but decided that whiting are in great numbers.

Our catch rates agree with this - but most people complain they can't find them but many don't put in the time to understand where they are and why - and then understand the pattern.

We haven't been out from the last public holiday but are heading out tomorrow. I'm hoping the whiting haven't moved in that time but will find out. Ideally, getting out every 2 to 3 weeks is best, as they do move as the seasons do :)

David

Bloody things are everywhere, undersized whiting are probably the most common fish I catch. Agree with David that once you suss out where they hang out getting a feed isn't too hard, you can even choose between lots of smaller ones you need to get the measure out for, or fewer but much larger models you only need the camera for.

Just this Saturday  (glorious day) drifting around in about 3m off Port Gawler my Dad managed a 35cm model, among other stuff, on an SP, If that is a thing that can happen so close to Adelaide then they must be doing OK.