Fishing 100 - 150 days

Not these days thanks to kids, work etc, probably around 30-40 sessions a year on average. In my late teens I at least went for a walk and flick as a minimum every day for over a year once (was my finishing yr 12 challenge) over 5 or so years fished easily over 100 days a year, its easy when you live in a small coastal town with a jetty and have no grown up responsibilities. Hopefully I am able to get back to that level of fishing in the near future, given half a chance I'd live by, or better yet, on the water and never be not fishing.

If it wasn’t for my knee And other health issues from February I’d be doing a lot of hours . However before I started volunteering for Newstart/jobseeker due to my head injury I couldn’t fish 7 days a week would take to much out of me . Hopefully when I’m given the all clear for no more walking stick maybe three or more 1 to 2 hour mornings a week . Ahh the old days used to do 4 hours in the mornings and 2 in the afternoon. I was working full time 8 to 10 to 12 hour days . But RDOS weekends and holidays I’d be chasing bream . You know you have a problem when a boss hears your fishing on RDOS and you get torn to shreds because days off aren’t days to go fishing lol didn’t stop me back then 

• 4 weeks later...

My fishing depends on my free time from work lately.

Both days on the weekend then one or two days during the week if I finish early.

Mostly freshwater and if it isn't a lazy sit down bait sesh I will be throwing lures about.

Usually the Warren Reservoir or Murray on weekends and then fishing local metro muddy puddles during the week.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Tinker said:

My fishing depends on my free time from work lately.

Both days on the weekend then one or two days during the week if I finish early.

Mostly freshwater and if it isn't a lazy sit down bait sesh I will be throwing lures about.

Usually the Warren Reservoir or Murray on weekends and then fishing local metro muddy puddles during the week.

Hi,which part of the Murray do you head to usually and what species are you targeting

Got a shack at Barmera so the river around Cobdogla, Kingston and Overland Corner are my favourite spots to get out in the boat.

Take the swag to other places downstream and in the last 12 months have camped at Waikerie, Morgan, Walker Flat and Mannum.

Morgan has been the most productive recently and Cadell is also good landbased coz it is a narrow stretch of river but having said that I caught my PB 52cm callop at Walker Flat and then dropped my phone in the water and lost the photo.

Nappers Bridge on Lake Bonney is my favourite carp fishing spot in all SA. Every fish swimming into or out of the lake is concentrated in a narrow section under the bridge.

Target mostly natives in the river and carp in Lake Bonney and backwaters.

Lazy bait sesh tomorrow up the Warren and with water levels high will be up in the timber. But with clear water deep diving lures will work well.

Hoping to get another Cod and next time I get one it will be going on the brag mat coz it sucks having to take photos of them in the water when fishing solo.65d83b7f0ae99a1a6437a9f1d3b9b30a.jpgfb01e6541638865881758159f3e001fd.jpg