What was this fish?

Had a brief encounter with a fish on a live salmon troutie, fishing the coorong.  At first i thought it was a Mullie ,but it was just steady weight ,when it swam off slowly. Then it accelarated with a nice run , then spat the hook. At no stage was there any headshakes, on examining the bait i could not see any teeth marks. So im stumped at what it might of been, any ideas fellow Strike Hookers?

8 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Sounds like a ray

I've caught a few eagle rays in the coorong, although on pilchards not livebait

In the Port I've caught eaglies on live STs a number of times and Kelvin confirms they get up into the coorong so I reckon we can just about call it.

On 02/06/2021 at 10:37 PM, styla said:

Had a brief encounter with a fish on a live salmon troutie, fishing the coorong.  At first i thought it was a Mullie ,but it was just steady weight ,when it swam off slowly. Then it accelarated with a nice run , then spat the hook. At no stage was there any headshakes, on examining the bait i could not see any teeth marks. So im stumped at what it might of been, any ideas fellow Strike Hookers?

Summer, Sandals, summersandal, uniqueshoe