Small stream trout in Autumn..

Thanks for putting that up mate.

You are definitely fishing in good trout real estate there.

Sixth Creek is narrow at times but the water is clear.

Torrens is murky from Kangaroo Creek Reservoir down the weir down near the suburbs.

Gets clear again where it gets shallow again above Gumeracha Weir. It needs more rainfall up there especially from Mt Pleasant where it has its origins.

Most sections high up in the Torrens are no access due to the SA Water mentality.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

Hey mate where do you get those anti kink keels you rig up with.

Been running 6lb braid to 1.5m of 5lb flourocarbon leader and noticed some line twist when using the spinners.

Not a problem with the little hardbodies but I like your idea of using small snap swivels to save time changing lures.

57 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hey mate where do you get those anti kink keels you rig up with.

Been running 6lb braid to 1.5m of 5lb flourocarbon leader and noticed some line twist when using the spinners.

Not a problem with the little hardbodies but I like your idea of using small snap swivels to save time changing lures.

Yes, very lucky having so many rivers/streams to choose from down here Steve, this little tannin stream is on private property & I'm lucky enough to have around 3-4 kms of it all to myself thanks to a very kind landowner. Blade spinners can create line twist quite easily on most brands of mono lines, some worse than others, even more so with fine line., As you know I use a ultra fine 4 lb Ultra High Tenacity clear mono with a 6 lb leader with the anti-kink and I never have any problems with line twist.. I picked the anti-kinks up from local tackle stores here in Devonport. The ones I have the smallest available (size 12) a made by Wigston & Wilson Tackle.  A friend of mine used braid when spin fishing and had quite a lot of line twist twist, he was told by the supplier that braid was fine for hard body & soft plastics but not suited to use with metal blade spinners. I don't know as I've never used braid at all. This season I'm trying a couple of new ideas with use of a very small #0 roller bearing swivel to see how it goes without a anti-kink. Are you still at the same address at One Tree Hill, if you can't get hold of them let me know and I post a few to you.. 

cheers

Adrian

427955533_Anewswivelsetup.(Medium).JPG.09006023e461784ffa1bb497c8249982.JPG

The new setup I'm going to try when the season opens. The roller bearing is a size #0 & not #00 as I put on the photo.

980796873_Anti-kinksetups..JPG.d5801eb893a453ff4029f117557bc286.JPG

The small #0 roller ball bearing is also on trial with the anti-kink next season. ..

Thanks doobie, I don't get line twist when using the anti-kink, without them the line does get some minor twisting that eventually worsens the longer I fish without the anti-kinks. I'm interested to see how the small roller bearings will go when I test the new setup without the anti-kink, it would be great if this works. I'm not all that sure about the second anti-kink setup with the roller bearing, even though it's small the added weight may not be the way to go. Only time will tell I suppose..

cheers

Adrian..

17 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Hey Adrian. Still at same address at One Tree Hill.

Got permission to access some local dams that have been stocked in the past with trout but have never been fished.

Trout in locals dams, very nice & good on'ya... I gather they're rainbows too, very aggressive and they grow big in dams as well.

I used to fish a couple here in Sheffield & Barrington, best rainbow I caught in that was 9 lb.. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun fishing them.. All good Steve, let me know how you get on with the anti-kinks..

cheers

Adrian

Wigston has a website with a similar anti kink keel but are currently out of stock.

Will keep looking.

Otherwise I will just use ball bearing swivels to reduce the line twist.

Looking at stocking up on some more Mepps spinners and if you could let me know the best place to get them would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Wigston has a website with a similar anti kink keel but are currently out of stock.

Will keep looking.

Otherwise I will just use ball bearing swivels to reduce the line twist.

Looking at stocking up on some more Mepps spinners and if you could let me know the best place to get them would be much appreciated.

Anaconda & BCF stock them.. Nearest to you would be Modbury or Gepps cross for Anaconda & BCF.

BCF stock them here instore too..

https://www.anacondastores.com/fishing/fishing-lures/inline-spinners

https://www.bcf.com.au/fishing/all-lures/inline-spinners

cheers

Adrian

Thanks again for the heads up on that mate.

Also got a BCF down the road from me at Elizabeth.

Great place to visit but they keep having a 3 day sale every 3 days and bombard me with emails.

They also sold me a Shimano Stradic ci4 for $200 when I nagged them.

If only they could stock decent live freshwater bait like scrubbies and crawlers.

Will keep nagging them.

Really appreciate that mate.

Fished bait up the Warren for a donut yesterday. Expected it coz it is very cold and the natives shut down this time of year.

Fished Springbank today for a donut on bait but also put the waders on and fly casted a few wooly buggers at some carp and dropped a nice fish.

Still learning fly fishing.

Will be back up Corkscrew Rd next weekend with some spinners and small hardbodies to hopefully pin my first trout.

Got some good rainfall predicted on Wednesday and Thursday and keen to see how it flows by Saturday.

Torrens River will be flowing hard after the heavy rainfall predicted over the next few days.

Checking out the spots above Kangaroo Creek Reservoir you recommended but I think SA Water has claimed them and they are now off limits.

Looking at Mt Pleasant at the source of the Torrens downstream on Google Earth but everything above Gumeracha Weir is off limits.

Thinking of buying some trout fingerlings and stocking some dams if my mates let me.

Good place to live up here in One Tree Hill but we get nervous in bushfire season after the Sampson Flat fire a few years ago.